Utility player

Timoperezrulez

Who's the first utility player used?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the first utility player used?

• Alex Cintron
    • Rob Mackowiak
    • Pablo Ozuna

If we need a guy in the outfield, it's Mack.

If we need a guy in the infield...I go based on need. Do we need a guy to pinch run or lead off (because Pods has a day off or something)? Ozuna. Do we need a guy to hit 2nd behind Pods and give either Uribe or Iguchi a break? Then probably Cintron.

Nice thing about that bench...it's Hella flexible, and Ozzie can play matchups with his reserves all he wants.

As others have said, it depends on the situation. In the outfield or 3B, its Mack. In the infield, its Ozuna at 2B and Cintron at SS.

Also, you spelled Mackowiak wrong in the poll :P

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 07:59 AM)
I agree that it depends on the situation, as well as variables such as who's pitching, who's been used lately, stuff like that.

But I think most situations will lead to Mackowiak.

It's pretty damn nice to have multiple reliable options off the bench, though.

I was thinking the same thing about Mackowiak being the first option, but I think he will be starting at least 4 games a week just to let other players have a day off. So, on that note I think Cintron will be the first option as a replacement most the time.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
I think our utility infield is still better than the starting infield for the royals. 

i feel pretty good about all three guys.  I can't wait for all the speculation to end though... lets get to baseball

lol that's a bad sign for them.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
I think our utility infield is still better than the starting infield for the royals. 

i feel pretty good about all three guys.  I can't wait for all the speculation to end though... lets get to baseball

When you're non-tendering players that would be getting regular playing time anywhere else, you are pretty deep.

It would be kind of nice to have Felix Diaz right about now though.