Game Thread 3/20: White Sox vs. Royals

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to really add here, but, I still can't get over that Cintron deal. If Iguchi continues his sophomore slump--although he had a nice at-bat today--Cintron slides in and seemingly nothing is lost.

To me, that's just incredible. Those moves are the moves that make championship ballclubs.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
Nothing to really add here, but, I still can't get over that Cintron deal.  If Iguchi continues his sophomore slump--although he had a nice at-bat today--Cintron slides in and seemingly nothing is lost.

To me, that's just incredible.  Those moves are the moves that make championship ballclubs.

To me, the only thing Kenny has "failed" at this offseason is addressing the 2nd lefty in the pen, and how many realistic options were even out there for that?

It's been a more-than-solid offseason for the REAL 2005 Executive Of The Year.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
To me, the only thing Kenny has "failed" at this offseason is addressing the 2nd lefty in the pen, and how many realistic options were even out there for that?

It's been a more-than-solid offseason for the REAL 2005 Executive Of The Year.

I've been saying that for a week or two, Critic. There are 29 other teams looking for a left-hander in the bullpen. You can argue he let Mike Myers and the like slip through the cracks, but, I can't fault Kenny for trying to fill the position from within or from his left-handed "competition."

He's had a grade-a off-season thus far and I don't think he's done just yet.

I can't imagine bringing both Logan and Thorton up north with Hermanson's health in doubt.

Something else is in the works.

From the Credit Where Credit Is Due Department ...

Quickman has been loving Cintron for 3 years now. I've always liked him and thought he'd fit but quickman has always said Cintron really knows the game.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
From the Credit Where Credit Is Due Department ...

Quickman has been loving Cintron for 3 years now.  I've always liked him and thought he'd fit but quickman has always said Cintron really knows the game.

So has KW. Wonder if TQ had something to do with that........

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
White Sox signed outfielder Mark Quinn to a minor league contract.

Quinn, who hit 37 home runs for Kansas City in 2000-01, last played in the majors in 2002. There are suspicions that he was one of the Royals minor leaguers guilty of using steroids in the late-90s. He'll open the season in Double- or Triple-A

Anyone else see this?

yay, steroids!