Gamethread 3/29: White Sox vs. Brewers

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
Its one outing people.  Lets see if he can do it for an entire season, then get giddy over how Coop is magic.

Hey, if Thornton can just occasionally throw strikes and give us scoreless innings, I'll be more than happy.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
Its one outing people.  Lets see if he can do it for an entire season, then get giddy over how Coop is magic.

Actually, I think it's two consecutive outings, and what's wrong with being happy that he's starting to show improvement?

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 06:20 PM)

first off, this is his second scoreless outing, but point taken...

but second, i think coop's magic displayed itself last year, thornton isn't the meat of the argument. he definitely eats pixie dust on his wheaties

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
By the way, if we don't win it this inning...I sure wouldn't complain if we went to 10, just to give Thornton a 2nd inning & see how he does.  He was formerly a starter.

How much will Dusty Baylor whine since the Sox are going extras with the Brewers?

"duuuuuuuude, they say they don't have enough pitchers, and now they DO all of the sudden???"

:lol:

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)

Coop is magic whether this works out or not. And no reason people can get excited for the 2 consecutive outings if they want to.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
Actually, I think it's two consecutive outings, and what's wrong with being happy that he's starting to show improvement?

Nothing. I think everyone realizes he's got a long way to go but it is nice to see some improvement from him. I mean there were people crucifying him after his first outing here, so there is nothing wrong with being happy with improvement.

QUOTE(Spiegle @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 06:20 PM)
hey how did freddy look today?  I just got back from class so i wasnt able to see any of his innings... i saw he gave up a few runs, but were his pitches looking like good?

Freddy's fastball didnt get over 88, but i'm not sure if it's just not there yet or if he wasn't throwing his hardest. 7 innings, 3 ER tho i think

For the person who asked if Thome hits homers in bunches......following him on the Indians over the years, I remember how he would go through periods where you could throw a 85 mph fastball down the plate, and he'd strikeout on it. However, there would also be times where he'd hit 10 homers in a 15 or 20 game stretch. He's a very streaky hitter, much the way Jermaine Dye is. Another guy who's incredibly streaky is Mackowiak.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
Nothing.  I think everyone realizes he's got a long way to go but it is nice to see some improvement from him.  I mean there were people crucifying him after his first outing here, so there is nothing wrong with being happy with improvement.

It's also not like we're trying to turn me into a lefty here. Thornton's already got the big part down...thanks to some quirk of genetics, he's a lefty that pops 97. Once you get that far, it's just a matter of getting the rest down. The rest is easy compared to that part; you just have to have someone teach you how to do it.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
How much will Dusty Baylor whine since the Sox are going extras with the Brewers?

"duuuuuuuude, they say they don't have enough pitchers, and now they DO all of the sudden???"

:lol:

Well they are in Tucson so the the Sox should have more pitchers available!