Indians @ Sox - 4/2 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but if the game is continued it is likely he won't pitch no mas and those are his first stats of the season

I feel the same exact way.

I want him to be cy young etc.

But its sorda childish for me to feel this way, it is only 1 start outta the 30+ and its not like he did Terrible either. But heh, im in the same boat as you.

Go sox.

QUOTE(SouthsideBlitz @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
Yeah but if the game is continued it is likely he won't pitch no mas and those are his first stats of the season  :crying

i dont care what his stats look like, if a player cared more about his stats than winning i wouldnt want him, i just want to win this one, everyone expects the sox to win because we are the reigning champs

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
Little early in the year for Buehrle hating isn't it?

If that was directed at me, I say that I wasn't hating at all. If it wasn't, then I concur! :D

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
6.75 to be exact

How the hell is ERA calculated? o_________________________O

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
If that was directed at me, I say that I wasn't hating at all. If it wasn't, then I concur! :D

number of earned runs divided by innings pitched

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)

(ER/IP)*9

Buehrle: (3/4)*9=6.75

So basically.... Its how many runs you give up per inning expanded over a full game (9 innings)

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)

Runs per 9 innings. Say you give up 3 runs in 6 innings. That's 1 run every 2 innings = 4.50 ERA.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
Runs per 9 innings. Say you give up 3 runs in 6 innings. That's 1 run every 2 innings = 4.50 ERA.

What if you give up runs without making any outs? Like that guy on the Royals a few years ago?

I think he struggled b/c of that long half inning. he wasnt sharp to begin with either and then to sit around in those conditions for all that time this, early into the season might have played into his outing.

rather that be the case than being taken out like CC. hopefully he is ok..

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
Technically your ERA is infinity (well, non-existant since you cant devide by zero) , but it's listed as 99.99

technically its undefined

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
technically its undefined

You are correct. THanks for the correction. It's been a long time since I took a math class. I mean, it's infinity because if you pitched 9 innings, you would have given up infinite runs because you gave up runs without getting an out. But if you cant get an out, you cant picth 9 innings. So, i just comfused myself. Mathematically it's undefined

Edited by Athomeboy_2000