Indians @ Sox - 4/2 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 03:09 AM)
They brought him back after a long delay last year, but its so early, and tomorrow is an off day, so overworking the bullpen would be difficult. I would be shocked if he went back out.

Bring on B-MAC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is some good time for espn to talk more about Barry Bonds. I didnt know the Giants were the offical ESPN team.

Maybe the yankees/bosox need to think about trading for bonds. There espn time is being limited

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
They brought him back after a long delay last year, but its so early, and tomorrow is an off day, so overworking the bullpen would be difficult. I would be shocked if he went back out.

Ah, well, I do hope they send him back out. I know the only stat that matters is a win, but Buehrle's game shouldn't be screwed up by the rain.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
Hey Dick Allen:

I logged onto whitesoxinteractive.com earlier and was listening to harry caray's audio

highlight of Dick Allen's long homer to cf bleachers that just missed Harry's net.

It was good stuff.

I saw him hit one into the CF bleachers when I was a kid. I wonder if that was the one. I'll have to check out that audio. Thanks.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
Ah, well, I do hope they send him back out. I know the only stat that matters is a win, but Buehrle's game shouldn't be screwed up by the rain.

His game was screwed up by the meatball he threw to Perez. Buerhle was pissed. It was the most upset I think I've ever seen him, he's usually pretty low key.

Just got home...we stuck around for about an hour and a half...there is really no way I could see them playing tonight it is still raining and the field is a mess....pools of water all over the place. There really are not that many people left at the park.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
His game was screwed up by the meatball he threw to Perez. Buerhle was pissed. It was the most upset I think I've ever seen him, he's usually pretty low key.

Oh? I didn't get to see that. Was he screaming and swearing and stomping?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
So the game should be restarting in 15 minutes?

There's a thread on WSI saying that on CSN, they interviewed a groundskeeper, and the game will be starting in 40 minutes.

That's going to be a midnight start here. :(

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)
we had this same weather front in KC yesterday and it rained all night.

I wonder how many fans are sticking it out at the Cell.

Probably 25,000 max? Likely 10,000?

There were people leaving, but it was raining so hard it was hard to walk out. I would imagine about 20000-25000 will still be there if it starts at 10:30 . Brooks was on the Score on our way home, and he said the front was moving faster than expected, so if that's the case it should re-start pretty soon.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 03:16 AM)

Meatball... that was as inside as you can go on a strike.... maybe it could of been a little lower or higher instead of middle but I think credit goes to Perez.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
Just got home...we stuck around for about an hour and a half...there is really no way I could see them playing tonight it is still raining and the field is a mess....pools of water all over the place.  There really are not that many people left at the park.

What a drag. I was high as a kite all day for nothing.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
Oh? I didn't get to see that. Was he screaming and swearing and stomping?

He fired the rosin bag and was pounding his glove. When the inning was over and he was walking off the mound he seemed pretty animated .

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 10:18 PM)
Meatball... that was as inside as you can go on a strike.... maybe it could of been a little lower or higher instead of middle but I think credit goes to Perez.

The ball was crushed. One of the highest home runs I've seen at USCF.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)
What a drag.  I was high as a kite all day for nothing.

Yeah i was pumped got down there fairly early went to Jimbos for a couple beers then headed in to the stadium....the place looked great. White Sox and Mark both looked good until that 3rd inning debacle......long 3 innings though.

The opening video with the banners and fireworks was absolutely f***ing amazing...I had goosebumps and chills the whole time...it was crazy...I have some pictures that I will post tomorrow...Im so cold and wet right now all I want to do is crawl and bed and watch the remainder of the game...if its played....if its not played tonight...and the game is tomorrow afternoon early, I will be selling my tickets for face value. Just keep that in mind if it gets postponed till tomorrow.