Sox vs. Indians - 4/5 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
We are not playing well but right now but Mota was pretty freakin impressive to be honest and Paul did have no chance.  Graves and Wickman warming up now, hopefully neal can shut them down and we can get to one of those guys.

Just by basing on what I read, I'm more disappointed that Pods didn't draw a walk. Everyone in the world knows that the Sox struggle with offspeed pitches with a 3-2 count.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
Just by basing on what I read, I'm more disappointed that Pods didn't draw a walk.  Everyone in the world knows that the Sox struggle with offspeed pitches with a 3-2 count.

It wasn't just that, Mota had thrown absolutely nothing but heaters then he dropped an absolutely filthy change on pauly. It was just great pitching.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 01:31 PM)
Just by basing on what I read, I'm more disappointed that Pods didn't draw a walk.  Everyone in the world knows that the Sox struggle with offspeed pitches with a 3-2 count.

Pods done a poor job at that so far this year. I expect that to change cause I'm sure Ozzie will be reminding him how important it is for him to get on base. But with him still being tentative I Think he thinks it means he needs to swing more and get hits as opposed to just get on.

Pods done a poor job at that so far this year.  I expect that to change cause I'm sure Ozzie will be reminding him how important it is for him to get on base.  But with him still being tentative I Think he thinks it means he needs to swing more and get hits as opposed to just get on.

Pods absolutely loves the high and outside pitch. I think pitchers are starting to realize that he will almost always chase after it, even if he's ahead in the count.