Sox vs. Indians - 4/5 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
His worst move of today was still taking the bat out of Thome's hands earlier in the game.  I won't blame him for the Hafner homer because afterall Logan is supposed to be our LOOGY.

when did he take the bat outa thomes hands?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
I'd take Michaels over Pods any day.  And I wouldn't say he's unknown. :ph34r:

WEll hell. Sounds like you'd take a lot of the Indians players over our players. Do you like anybody on the team you say that you like?

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
cotts is notorious for getting righties out

Or, you know, everyone. Althouhg I'm sure you intentionally ignored the fact that over the last three years righties are batting 25 points lower than lefties against him. Just trying to be silly, I'm sure.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
Lack of execution all day long and some questionable managing.  Cotts in the 8th would've been good.  Where are Jenks or Thorton?  Cotts and Politte do not need to go more then one inning with Thorton and McCarthy.

There is no way of knowing how long this game could have went. We take neal out and we only have one guy left in the pen and then everyone starts b****ing about that. Neal can go 2 innings and he's our best guy, it was the right move that didn't pay off imo.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
If we lose this game, its because our hitters did nothing with men in scoring position.

We had numerous chances to win this game.

Thats true. But giving Michaels the best situation possible is inecusible on our part. It seems to me like ozzie and cooper were unprepared about this guy. Why would anyone knowingly let him hit a lefty with the game on the line if he is the best hitter in his league against lefties, doesn't make sense.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
Lack of execution all day long and some questionable managing.  Cotts in the 8th would've been good.  Where are Jenks or Thorton?  Cotts and Politte do not need to go more then one inning with Thorton and McCarthy.

After last seasons ealry game agains the Tribe in which Viz was hung out to try, Ozzie always makes sure he'll have people ready in case things go extra. He always leaves that extra guy.

Jenksy is in now. Cotts is a durable guy, there is no problem in running him out for 2.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
Haha Ozzie.  Again, if you're going to pitch Jenks this inning, bring him in for the guy who hit .323 vs lhp last season (Michaels).  Why wait for Cleveland to get the lead?

You'd b**** if Bobby gave up a hit against Michaels anyway. You'd b**** no mtatter what.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
WEll hell. Sounds like you'd take a lot of the Indians players over our players. Do you like anybody on the team you say that you like?

Pods is a mediocre player. I've never changed my tune on that. Especially when he's dinged up, he's as worthless of a MLB starter as you're going to find. And yes, the Indians have one of the most talented rosters in all of baseball, especially on offense. There's plenty of guys on the Sox that I like....thanks for asking.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
You'd b**** if Bobby gave up a hit against Michaels anyway. You'd b**** no mtatter what.

Absolutely not. It would have been the right move. As long as Ozzie makes the "right" move by everyone's standards, I wouldn't complain.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
Absolutely not.  It would have been the right move.  As long as Ozzie makes the "right" move by everyone's standards, I wouldn't complain.

Yah. If Ozzie would've followed your definition of "right" we probably dont' have a f***ing World Sereis Title. Ozzie knows what he's doing. As you showed all of last year, you don't.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
Earlier in the game, Ozzie had Iguchi lay down a sac bunt.  So Wedge just IBB'ed Thome to get to Konerko.  And then Konerko GIDP'ed.  That was Dusty-esque.

I think Ozzie is going to learn that smallball at the top of our order is pointless this season.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
Earlier in the game, Ozzie had Iguchi lay down a sac bunt.  So Wedge just IBB'ed Thome to get to Konerko.  And then Konerko GIDP'ed.  That was Dusty-esque.

This hasn't been mentioned yet but there is a good chance Gooch was bunting on his own because scotty was running. I guess it could have been a bunt and run but Ozzie didn't do a whole bunch of those last year.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)

yeah i forgot