Mlb 2k6

beautox

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 06:01 AM)
Wow... just wow...

I feel sorry for all of the brainwashed MVP lemmings...

Not only are the Graphics so much better on 2K6, the controls are awesome... Swing stick took awhile to get used to. I also love the more realistic pitching... and how they incorporate natural breaks and movements to the pitches...

MVP 2K5 was the most baseball game to come around since triple play. It was an awful game that I had to take back after one week because the PS1 graphics and horrible controls made me vomit every time I turned on my PS2...

I'm feeling really sorry for you people...

Ummmm ok??? There is a reason why everyone loves MVP but you.. it is so far ahead of the 2k6 its ridiculous. Although from a lot of people MLB the show or whatevr has looked pretty good and a much better buy than 2k6.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2K6 sucks... the MVP Graphics blows it away, its not even close.. get out of here with that trash

Anyways.. first game with the updated rosters and sliders... Atlanta beats me 5-3

I gave up all 5 runs in the second inning, a 3 run inside the park HR by Renteria and then a 2 run blast by Andruw Jones..

Atlanta 5 14 2

Florida 3 9 0

It was 5-1 in the bottom of the 9th and I ALMOST came back but with 2 outs and runners on 3rd and 2nd Hanley Ramirez flew out to CF..

I also hit a HR with Mike Jacobs, a laser shot to RF

Willis went 5.2 IP, 11 hits, 5 ER's, 8 K's

So far, this was the best game ive ever played on MVP.. I enjoyed the entire thing and thats the first time Ive felt like that about actually playing it.. Thanks for the sliders man, they are perfect pretty much

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
Wow... just wow...

Not only are the Graphics so much better on 2K6, the controls are awesome... Swing stick took awhile to get used to. I also love the more realistic pitching... and how they incorporate natural breaks and movements to the pitches...

MVP 2K5 was the most baseball game to come around since triple play. It was an awful game that I had to take back after one week because the PS1 graphics and horrible controls made me vomit every time I turned on my PS2...

LOL, when you post I swear that 99.9% of the time you take the contrarian side. I could tell the 2K6 graphics sucked hardcore by the commercials they are showing on TV, there is no way you can convince me that 2K6 has better graphics, in any aspect of the game, than MVP2005.

I have both MVP 2005 and 2K6, and when I first started playing 2K6, I hated it. I think a lot of that was due to how different it was from MVP. The hitting, pitching, baserunning, and throwing were completely different. The only thing that I actually enjoyed was the pitching because you were not always sure where the ball would go.

After playing it for a few days, I am getting used to it, and am starting to enjoy playing the game rather than thinking about what buttons I need to push. I must say that it may turn into an ok game, but it just seems to lack the polish of MVP. For example, there is an annoying glitch where the announcer says that a batter had no home runs, and no rbis last year. That seems a bit odd to be stating about Pujols.

One other annoying thing is the rankings on this game. Yankees are #1, Boston is #2, White Sox are #7, and Cubs are #6. Seems pretty weird to me. Is ESPN involved in this?

I liked MVP 05 a lot, but MLB the show is helping me get my mind off of how much it sucks that MVP isn't around anymore. This is a great game. It is not as good as MVP, but pretty close. Pitching is tough to get a hang of, but once you get past that, it is worth the $40.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
Wow... just wow...

HEY EVERYONE...LOOK!

It's the resident 2K Sports Fanboy!!!!

I've never seen so many people in obvious denial about such a superior video game...

Yes the stats are a little screwed up but the graphics more then make up for half an hour of tweaking it takes to make the rosters realistic. I'm wondering if all this hate is because they accidentally made your homeboy Baj black...

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
I've never seen so many people in obvious denial about such a superior video game...

Yes the stats are a little screwed up but the graphics more then make up for  half an hour of tweaking it takes to make the rosters realistic. I'm wondering if all this hate is because they accidentally made your homeboy Baj black...

I must say, its really *really* rare that I agree with your posts, but I find them absolutely hilarious.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)

Yes the stats are a little screwed up but the graphics more then make up for  half an hour of tweaking it takes to make the rosters realistic. I'm wondering if all this hate is because they accidentally made your homeboy Baj black...

Man you have to be kidding me.. if ANYTHING looks like PS1 Graphics its easily 2K6

The graphics are terrible, it seems youre the one who is in denial.. MVP is far superior to 2K, I dont understand how you can argue that its not

Haven't purchased a baseball game for several years (I'm more of a Madden guy) and haven't had time for games in general over the past few years, but I received a $40 gift certificate for Amazon.com and decided to give 2k6 a try. I've only played it for about 4 hours but, FWIW, here are my initial thoughts of the PS2 version...

- I was somewhat disappointed in the graphics. They remind me of the crappy 2k1 game that came out on Dreamcast (the one with Pedro on the cover). Overall, I'd say that 2k Sports is about four years behind the curve. The graphics aren't BAD, mind you... just not as good as they could be.

- The audio is better. Miller says some stuff that doesn't make much sense, but that actually adds to the realism IMO. :bang I enjoyed Jeanne Zelasko making fun of the Cubs in the pre-game show.

- I really like the pitching controls. The pitch selections seem to accurately match what the individual pitchers feature in real life. The hitting, on the other hand, is less spectacular.

- No Brandon McCarthy on the Sox roster. Grrrrr!

- On the other hand, the batting stances and pitching motions of the individual players are well-mimicked. The Cell is accurately-depicted as well.

- Pitchers get overly-nervous is save situations. Yeah, I realize that they're trying to mimic reality, but they took it a bit too far. In the real world, Bobby Jenks has SOME command with a one-run lead in the 9th.

- The one thing that really irritates me is the way that the CPU outright screws you once you take the lead. It seems that whenever I'm up by a couple runs in the 5th or 6th with an opponent on base, anything that I throw that's remotely out of the strike zone becomes a wild pitch. For some reason, I usually end up throwing multiple wild pitches in such innings. It's complete bulls***. After getting screwed by the CPU, I actually managed to pull back into the lead in one of the games. The CPU then forced four singles off of Jenks in the top of the 9th to tie. Thome hit what should've been a walk-off homer in the 13th, but the CF ran up the RCF wall and snagged it. Complete bulls***. I don't mind this kind of crap in the advanced modes, but all of what I described happend on the "Rookie" setting.

Outside of that last point, it's a pretty decent game. I'd probably give it a 7/10. I'm still trying to get the hang of it and will probably enjoy it more after I learn all of the controls. Never had the opportunity to play MVP, but I was a big fan of the Triple Play series back in the '90s. I thought that TP was a more exciting game, but 2k6 is still much, much better than 2k1 for Dreamcast.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 09:38 AM)
Haven't purchased a baseball game for several years (I'm more of a Madden guy) and haven't had time for games in general over the past few years, but I received a $40 gift certificate for Amazon.com and decided to give 2k6 a try.  I've only played it for about 4 hours but, FWIW, here are my initial thoughts of the PS2 version...

- I was somewhat disappointed in the graphics.  They remind me of the crappy 2k1 game that came out on Dreamcast (the one with Pedro on the cover).  Overall, I'd say that 2k Sports is about four years behind the curve.  The graphics aren't BAD, mind you... just not as good as they could be.

- The audio is better.  Miller says some stuff that doesn't make much sense, but that actually adds to the realism IMO.  :bang  I enjoyed Jeanne Zelasko making fun of the Cubs in the pre-game show.

- I really like the pitching controls.  The pitch selections seem to accurately match what the individual pitchers feature in real life.  The hitting, on the other hand, is less spectacular.

- No Brandon McCarthy on the Sox roster.  Grrrrr!

- On the other hand, the batting stances and pitching motions of the individual players are well-mimicked.  The Cell is accurately-depicted as well.

- Pitchers get overly-nervous is save situations.  Yeah, I realize that they're trying to mimic reality, but they took it a bit too far.  In the real world, Bobby Jenks has SOME command with a one-run lead in the 9th.

- The one thing that really irritates me is the way that the CPU outright screws you once you take the lead.  It seems that whenever I'm up by a couple runs in the 5th or 6th with an opponent on base, anything that I throw that's remotely out of the strike zone becomes a wild pitch.  For some reason, I usually end up throwing multiple wild pitches in such innings.  It's complete bulls***.  After getting screwed by the CPU, I actually managed to pull back into the lead in one of the games.  The CPU then forced four singles off of Jenks in the top of the 9th to tie.  Thome hit what should've been a walk-off homer in the 13th, but the CF ran up the RCF wall and snagged it.  Complete bulls***.  I don't mind this kind of crap in the advanced modes, but all of what I described happend on the "Rookie" setting.

Outside of that last point, it's a pretty decent game.  I'd probably give it a 7/10.  I'm still trying to get the hang of it and will probably enjoy it more after I learn all of the controls.  Never had the opportunity to play MVP, but I was a big fan of the Triple Play series back in the '90s.  I thought that TP was a more exciting game, but 2k6 is still much, much better than 2k1 for Dreamcast.

You need to play MVP then, its better than Triple Play.. and way better than MLB 2k6

The graphics alone are so much better..

Have you noticed yet that the baserunners round first no matter where you hit it.. That was what pissed me off the most

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
You need to play MVP then, its better than Triple Play.. and way better than MLB 2k6

The graphics alone are so much better..

Have you noticed yet that the baserunners round first no matter where you hit it.. That was what pissed me off the most

Yeah, that is kind of stupid. I'm pretty sure that there's a "hold all runners" button, though.

If I end up no liking 2k6 after a month or two, I might pick up a used copy of MVP '05. Is MVP supposed to be some sort of a continuation of the Triple Play series? Both are made by EA, correct?

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 12:26 PM)
Yeah, that is kind of stupid.  I'm pretty sure that there's a "hold all runners" button, though.

If I end up no liking 2k6 after a month or two, I might pick up a used copy of MVP '05.  Is MVP supposed to be some sort of a continuation of the Triple Play series?  Both are made by EA, correct?

the triple play series was ended and mvp took its place.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
Yeah, that is kind of stupid.  I'm pretty sure that there's a "hold all runners" button, though.

If I end up no liking 2k6 after a month or two, I might pick up a used copy of MVP '05.  Is MVP supposed to be some sort of a continuation of the Triple Play series?  Both are made by EA, correct?

Yeah but triple play was PS1 and I never really liked it that much..

You can find a used copy of MVP 05 pretty cheap as well

Alright, I gave 2k6 a full week and finally gave up on it. I coulddn't stand when any pitch not right over the heart of the plate becoming a wild pitch when the CPU had runners on base. Even manually altering the pitching and hitting levels didn't help. No Brandon McCarthy on the roster pissed me off as well. You suck ass, 2k Sports.

Read a very good review of The Show on the web and rented it. Liked it so much that I bought it the next day. It's a hundred times better. My only gripes are that the outfielders all play defense like Willie Mays and the players' current contracts/salaries are nowhere near reality. Other than that, there's little to complain about. Sony did a fantastic job.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
BMAC is in 2K6, he's in the minors... go to roster manager...

LOL, whats the point? He already gave up on the game because of its sucktitude. 2K drops another notch

How long does 2K sports have the rights to make the official MLB games? Hopefully MLB corrects this error soon.

I got it for the 360 its kind of a disapointment. They showed pics and stuff of high detailed ball parks and players and it did not turn out that way in the game. None of the players on our roster look like themselves. The game play is ok. I still say MVP is a much better ball game. But what other baseball game is out there for xbox?