Blow this team up!

Dam8610

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
Yes, he does.  And the first year of the deal is 2007.

Negative.

McCarthy, in his first full big-league season, is the odd-man out this year, and Williams said he didn't expect to trade any of his starters. In fact, he can't trade Contreras and Jon Garland until next winter because their new contracts include a full season with a no-trade clause.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,7354987.story

QUOTE(Adam G @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)
Negative.

McCarthy, in his first full big-league season, is the odd-man out this year, and Williams said he didn't expect to trade any of his starters. In fact, he can't trade Contreras and Jon Garland until next winter because their new contracts include a full season with a no-trade clause.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,7354987.story

I guess the no-trade clause is through 2007 then, because right now, Count's old salary is still what he's making in 2006.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
I guess the no-trade clause is through 2007 then, because right now, Count's old salary is still what he's making in 2006.

Typically when players sign a contract extension the old deal is ripped up and the remaining years of the old deal are incorporated into the new deal. So for now he's making old contract money, but it has new contract years and stipulations (no trade clause).

It is not fair to think that the White Sox offense was going to take them through this season. It is better than last years, but barely, and it was clear that the White Sox offense last year was one of the worst in the league.

With that being said, this rotation is a great one, probably the best in baseball, and the bullpen is good enough to compliment it.

1-4 is a terrible start, no ifs ands or buts about it. However there is still 157 left.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 01:59 AM)
Now there's a well thought out, unemotional post if I ever saw one.

Gotcha.

QUOTE(Timoperezrulez @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 08:38 AM)
dumbass...

you too...

QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
:o .... :lol:

This guy got it. (I think)

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
This dumbass thread needs to be closed.  Dam is an asshat for even starting it.

Why is that? Because I wanted to touch off a debate and get a good laugh at the same time? If that makes me an "asshat", then I guess that's what I am.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
Overreaction 101 .........5 games and blow it up, do not get splinters in your ass jumping on and off the bandwagon when they win 8 to 9 in a row!

Yet another victim...

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
A-f***ing-men. The fact that some people take this topic seriously is sad.

I agree.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
When you sober up, repost your thoughts.  Yes it sucks we lost 4 ina  row now, but we can quickly turn it around, we play the Tigers after the Royals and we need to take that series or sweep.

And another victim...

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)

This one really made me laugh.

QUOTE(pale_hose @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
you're an idiot...

And finally, another victim...

I wanted to point out how ridiculous attitudes about a losing streak get around here sometimes, while getting a laugh out of those who took me seriously. I think I accomplished my goal.

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
Why is that? Because I wanted to touch off a debate and get a good laugh at the same time? If that makes me an "asshat", then I guess that's what I am.

Best thing you have posted on this site yet. Congrats.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
but barely, and it was clear that the White Sox offense last year was one of the worst in the league.

One of the worst among contenders, not one of the worst in baseball.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
One of the worst among contenders, not one of the worst in baseball.

The Sox were 11th in the AL (24th overall) in OBP (.322) last year. That's wretched. Good thing they had some power.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
That'll show you how important OBP was to this team.

Hopefully it'll be more important this year. They leaned quite heavily on their pitching last season and, luckily, got away with it.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
I wanted to point out how ridiculous attitudes about a losing streak get around here sometimes, while getting a laugh out of those who took me seriously. I think I accomplished my goal.

I'm really scared at some of the replies in this thread. I think they took it seriously..

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
The Sox were 11th in the AL (24th overall) in OBP (.322) last year.  That's wretched.  Good thing they had some power.

And 9th in runs. Certainly nothing to be proud of but I don't think they qualify as one of the worst offenses in baseball last year, low obp or not.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
Best thing you have posted on this site yet.  Congrats.

Why should I care what you think again?

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
I'm really scared at some of the replies in this thread.  I think they took it seriously..

I knew some would. That's part of what makes it funny.