Game Thread - 04/16 Garcia vs. Towers

DBAHO

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
As my brother said "during the Sox games, the rain delay programming is Fresh Prince.....when the Cubs are delayed, it's Will and Grace".

Shouldn't the Yankees get FP? Seems like the Sox would be more of a Simpsons/Roseanne/?...

QUOTE(Linnwood @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
So what are the odds of them calling this game?

I can't remember the last time we won due to a game being called when it was official. I'm still annoyed we lost that game at Wrigley a few years ago.

I've never pitched before, but I have to imagine it was hard for Freddy to get a good grip.

Growing up and playing ball in N. Michigan for my HS and then in college, I stood on the mound in in the field a number of times in the rain.

It's no good for anyone, baseball was not meant to be played in the rain at all. Everything goes to hell. One think that often gets overlooked is how the dirt on the mound gets clumpy and it's really easy to get your cleats caught on the way to home. That is the worst, an injury waiting to happen, and it's impossible to throw strikes.

Another game thread turned into "personal attack" day--I'm just amazed I stayed out of it for once :P

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
Another game thread turned into "personal attack" day--I'm just amazed I stayed out of it for once :P

YOU SUCK

:P

YOU SUCK

tongue.gif

LOL, here, let me give it a shot: WTF was Ozzie thinking with Mackowiak in the lineup at CF again...that should open me up to some shots!

I'm just riding the wave of the Bull's improbably winning 12-14 to make the playoffs with room to spare. I probably won't find much to complain about today.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
LOL, here, let me give it a shot:  WTF was Ozzie thinking with Mackowiak in the lineup at CF again...that should open me up to some shots!

I'm just riding the wave of the Bull's improbably winning 12-14 to make the playoffs with room to spare.  I probably won't find much to complain about today.

Anderson K'ing and GIDP with the bases loaded probably earned him to ride the bench a few games.

EDIT: That sentence sounds like crap...

Edited by Whitewashed in '05

What will prolly happen is this...to be fair to the jays...they will resume and play one more inning...thats if the rain ever stops...if not then they will call it. IMO But it would be nice to end this Cosby...ewwwwwwww...me want baseball or a win.

psss Im in Bloomington and we just had a hell of a storm hit us about a .50 hour ago...pretty wett! Heading North I believe. :headbang :gosox1: :gosox3:

Edited by 3RDBASE