Sox vs Royals 4-18

whitesoxin'

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
2 HIGH fly balls.  Hopefully Garland can get some sink on this next batter.

Thats what he wanted with those two pitches. They were high enough that it would have been really, really hard to drive.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
Rooney really did a great job of keeping him under control.

Farmer in the captin chair= :uhoh

I wasn't paying much attention, but did they just decide to try Singleton as PBP? He's not too bad....although he reminds me of Gage.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
Definitely, and maybe 2 if he has a nice inning. Only 75 pitches. Looks really good.

No, he's not looking really good. He's making mistakes. He is still missing on a good number of pitches, but, he's minimizing them and getting out of some jams. He's made some better pitches tonight, but, he is not there yet. His location isn't there and he isn't comfortable going inside.

That said, tonight is a start and I'd like to see him pitch seven.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
Rooney really did a great job of keeping him under control.

Farmer in the captin chair= :uhoh

But, speaking of Singleton...here's one of his calls from last half inning..."that's a fly ball...it's in the gap...Jermaine Dye goes back...and makes the catch." hmmmmm

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
But, speaking of Singleton...here's one of his calls from last half inning..."that's a fly ball...it's in the gap...Jermaine Dye goes back...and makes the catch."  hmmmmm

Haha reminds me of Major League...

After Uecker passes out Monte goes...

"Hit....caught" As the guy makes a ridiculous diving catch

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
No, he's not looking really good.  He's making mistakes.  He is still missing on a good number of pitches, but, he's minimizing them and getting out of some jams.  He's made some better pitches tonight, but, he is not there yet.  His location isn't there and he isn't comfortable going inside.

That said, tonight is a start and I'd like to see him pitch seven.

He has only made a couple of bad pitches. 3 Ks. No walks. High outside changeup to Teahen. And a meatball smoked by Grudz. What's so bad about that? I didn't say he was "back to form" or anything but he looks good tonight.