Sox vs Royals 4-18

whitesoxin'

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
Garland now has a good shot at getting his quality starts back in order. Hopefully he can get that era back to... well.. better.. :lol:  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers

Dude, I just read the part about Proof in your sig. I had no clue. That is really messed up.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 12:09 AM)
Dude, I just read the part about Proof in your sig. I had no clue. That is really messed up.

Off Topic: Yea Slav it is man. I'm really surprised Eminem didn't write a song about Proof yet. Maybe the pain is too much for him it is really a lost to the industry of rap/hip hop. No he wasn't Pac or B.I.G or anything but he was still a good rapper and most importantly, a good human being, who didn't even reach his prime. R.I.P. I believe he has a website too in that article in my sig. I was discussing this to my friends the other day how everything has changed from, lets say, 12-15 years ago growing up. People were getting killed in the early 90's for their gym shoes (Jordans/Barkleys etc). Now its basically gang related or over a woman/man or something. Can't imagine what the next 10 years will bring as of right now I'm hearing the KKK comming back to form up again around that time.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 12:19 AM)
Off Topic: Yea Slav it is man. I'm really surprised Eminem didn't write a song about Proof yet. Maybe the pain is too much for him it is really a lost to the industry of rap/hip hop. No he wasn't Pac or B.I.G or anything but he was still a good rapper and most importantly, a good human being, who didn't even reach his prime. R.I.P. I believe he has a website too in that article in my sig. I was discussing this to my friends the other day how everything has changed from, lets say, 12-15 years ago growing up. People were getting killed in the early 90's for their gym shoes (Jordans/Barkleys etc). Now its basically gang related or over a woman/man or something. Can't imagine what the next 10 years will bring as of right now I'm hearing the KKK comming back to form up again around that time.

The gym shoe issue is getting bad again too. When Jordans come out, I make sure to stay away from FootAction, Champs, FinishLine, and Foot Locker. Last year, I believe a student at Julian got killed for a new pair of those 13's. It's getting unbelievable.

Player   TEAM  W L  ERA  G GS CG SHO  IP   H  R ER HR BB SO   
J Garland CWS  1 1 13.94 2  2  0  0  10.1 23 16 16  2  3  8

That equates to one hellacious WHIP right now. Surely, even if Garland doesnt match his success of last year, things will improve.

Lets go extend the Royals losing streak 1 more day!!

Jon needs to be on from the get-go tonight, and not let things get into his head, even if something bad happens that he can't control e.g Ozuna's lack of OF defense etc.

He's back at home, got a team that's really struggling offensively, it's a perfect situation for him to get back on track. And we need to keep beating up on the Royals. We'll have them 6 times already from our 1st 15 games, so we need to make sure that we're right up there at the top of the central after tomorrow's game.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
somebody who is going to the game needs to make a giant sign telling jon to pitch inside.

And to get ahead in the count. I'd really love to see some stats for Jon's success rate when he's 0-1 in the count, instead of 1-0 or 2-0. Makes a huge difference for him.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:37 AM)
And to get ahead in the count. I'd really love to see some stats for Jon's success rate when he's 0-1 in the count, instead of 1-0 or 2-0. Makes a huge difference for him.

Makes a huge difference for any pitcher. :P

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:10 AM)
somebody who is going to the game needs to make a giant sign telling jon to pitch inside.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AJ had a lot to do with that last season. He'll get him doing that again and Jon will right the ship.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
FYI:  We are still the only team the Royals have actually beat.  Had we not beat ourselves in those two games, the Royals might still be winless.

Those two losses still annoy me.