Sox vs Royals 4-18

whitesoxin'

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
Jon needs to get a quality start in here.  I hope the Trib was just speculating when they said widger was going to catch tonight to get the righty lefty matchup at the plate.  Jon needs a veteran everyday catcher back there to calm him down if s*** happens.

Eh...John's a veteran himself, and he seems to have had plenty of conversations analyzing where he's gone wrong in his first two starts. If he's going to fix it tonight, it will be due to himself, not whether Pierzynski or Widger is behind the plate.

I see what you are saying about Garland being a veteran himself, but the catcher can control the pace of the game just as much as the pitcher. AJ can do this better than Widger. AJ will see when Garland is a little of his knocker and go out there to calm him and slow things down. AJ also calls a better a game and will probably set Garland up for success more than Widger can. Now I have no problem with Wigder catching say Buhrle, Contreas (i suck at spelling), or even Garcia and Vazquez, but when you have a struggling pitcher use you number one catcher.

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
I see what you are saying about Garland being a veteran himself, but the catcher can control the pace of the game just as much as the pitcher.  AJ can do this better than Widger.  AJ will see when Garland is a little of his knocker and go out there to calm him and slow things down.  AJ also calls a better a game and will probably set Garland up for success more than Widger can.  Now I have no problem with Wigder catching say Buhrle, Contreas (i suck at spelling), or even Garcia and Vazquez, but when you have a struggling pitcher use you number one catcher.

I completely agree with you. Your spelling is awful. :D

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 12:39 PM)
I see what you are saying about Garland being a veteran himself, but the catcher can control the pace of the game just as much as the pitcher.  AJ can do this better than Widger.  AJ will see when Garland is a little of his knocker and go out there to calm him and slow things down.  AJ also calls a better a game and will probably set Garland up for success more than Widger can.  Now I have no problem with Wigder catching say Buhrle, Contreas (i suck at spelling), or even Garcia and Vazquez, but when you have a struggling pitcher use you number one catcher.

Garlands problem is not how the game is being called. Its hitting his spots. If he hits the target and pitches ahead he will be fine. When he gets behind and they start to sit on his fastball then he is meat. Is been the same story for years.

Last year no matter what catcher was up, he was 0-1 and 0-2 on every hitter in the first half. He had good control of every pitch including his change.

Will the real Jon Garland stand up. Not the one who gave up 9 ER to this so-called major league team in his first start.

Follow the lead of the Count and continue the dominance.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
Rally Paul Wall says, "Rip EM"

No, Rally Paul Wall says "My grill is cutting up the inside of my lips so bad, that I have to sneer all the time!"