Sox vs Royals 4-18

whitesoxin'

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not hitting his spots, Jabroni.  He is not comfortable going inside and when he stays outside, he's missing up--not a good place to miss.

But, make no mistake about it, it was a much better Jon Garland we saw tonight.  His line is going to look awfully good, but, I wonder what it would have read had this not been against a Royals' lineup.

/two-cents

Thanks for the info. I have no idea how he's pitching cuz I can't watch the game.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 01:39 AM)
I wonder if Ozzie is going to have a quick hook with Garland this season.

I'm about 99 pct certain it was a situation where he wanted Garland to go out of the game with the chance to win and keep his confidence up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
I'm about 99 pct certain it was a situation where he wanted Garland to go out of the game with the chance to win and keep his confidence up.

Ya, on 2nd thought, that's exactly it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)

I'm assuming thats it. Surprised me, but Ozzie knows more than I do.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 05:39 PM)
I wonder if Ozzie is going to have a quick hook with Garland this season.

I doubt it. I think this was more Ozzie being careful not to turn this into a bad game. Jon has had some problems early this year and its best to take him out on a positive note. Jon definately improved tonight and stayed away from the big inning.

Wasn't really hit hard (according to you guys) and is in line for a win. Now lets keep this lead.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 05:43 PM)
Ball to the gap caught by JD. Good job Bmac! Wonder if there is somebody different in the 8th.

Nah, Ozzie sticks with Bmac longer than most. I don't blame him either. If Bmac looks good why not stick with him. We want to keep his stamina up and the only way to do that is to have him have a lot of 2 and 3 inning appearances.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
He's not hitting his spots, Jabroni.  He is not comfortable going inside and when he stays outside, he's missing up--not a good place to miss.

But, make no mistake about it, it was a much better Jon Garland we saw tonight.  His line is going to look awfully good, but, I wonder what it would have read had this not been against a Royals' lineup.

/two-cents

I was thinking the same. I am glad he got away with his mistakes. At least he gets something to build on for the next start.