Anderson's strikeout totals are alarming

aboz56

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
Haha awwwwwww...... an Aaron Rowand lovefest ALMOST broke out!!  The sooner people realize he's an average player the better.  Anderson's ceiling is about 20 stories higher than Rowand's, and I'm willing to deal with watching him be a bit inconsistent in his on the job training at the plate while the rest of our team covers up for him in the lineup and he keeps playing great defense.

But I will say this....people are waking up about Rowand, a good start.

All I can say about Rowand is that he is a good enough ballplayer to be the starting centerfielder for a World Series Championship caliber team.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)
What do you mean by "waking up"?  Like, you mean they have stopped sniffing his jock?

I read somebody said Arow is a perfect "4th outfielder"--ha, that is selling him short.  Rowand, by almost every defensive measure, was the one of the best defensive CF in the majors last year.  However, he didn't do much more than be position average at the plate.

Agreed. Even if he's been somewhat disappointing as a hitter, Rowand's a defensive stud in CF and is a great clubhouse guy. That's what the Sox were all about last year. Fourth outfielder, my ass. Many GMs and managers would love a guy like Aaron in their lineup.