Anderson's strikeout totals are alarming

aboz56

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
I wish we'd of traded him for Juan Cruz when we had the chance... At least find a decent CF somewhere...

hahaha, i love your posts. Give a player 10 games, if he isnt batting 300 he isnt worth a damn. Can someone please tell me why this is the best idea for player development ever. I mean I bet the dodgers and Reds are glad they treated Konerko like that.

BA plays great defense, thats really all that matters right now, at the end of the season, you will eat your words......again.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
I doubt that, but even if they want to move him, they'll get a better offer than some generic midlevel prospect.  Even if they loathe the guy, they're not that stupid.

Did you see the contract they gave Cristian Guzman? They are pretty stupid. :P

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
I wish we'd of traded him for Juan Cruz when we had the chance... At least find a decent CF somewhere...

I still remember you stroking out when Kenny traded for Lofton/Everett because another CF couldnt hit for s***.

Can we give the kid a little time before you bury him.

Edited by southsideirish71

Did you see the contract they gave Cristian Guzman? They are pretty stupid.  :P

Not to mention getting Owens for Escobar...

...AND actually trading for that malcontent Soriano.

Bowden will give up the world for someone with "flash"? Do we have anyone in the system that fits that description?

Maybe the name "Broadway" would put stars in Bowden's eyes...

QUOTE(ThinWhiteDuque @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 05:21 PM)
Bowden will give up the world for someone with "flash"? Do we have anyone in the system that fits that description?

Maybe the name "Broadway" would put stars in Bowden's eyes...

I'm confused by this statement.

Our Broadway lacks any "flash," and Bowden already has an L. Broadway at AAA.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
I still remember you stroking out when Kenny traded for Lofton/Everett because another CF couldnt hit for s***. 

Can we give the kid a little time before you bury him.

It's ridiculous, isn't it?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
I believe Anderson is going to get every opportunity to snap out of this funk.  The team would look foolish if they gave up on Anderson now -- especially after trading Aaron Rowand.  We knew before the season started there would be ups and downs (mostly downs so far).  But you've gotta give young players a chance.  Not everybody comes out on fire right away.  Fortunately,  we have a team that doesn't rely on Anderson's bat.  Our first 8 are more than good enough to absorb Anderson's struggles.  I think we should,  atleast for now,  be content with Anderson simply playing a solid cf -- which he's been doing of late.  His bat will come around.

Nothing foolish about trading Rowand. Thome is a bigger part of the equation than Rowand, we need a guy that's gonna play defense in CF ( Which Anderson does). Anderson will be ok in the long run... play defense and let's win another world championship.

I'm confused by this statement.

Our Broadway lacks any "flash," and Bowden already has an L. Broadway at AAA.

Yes, Broadway is vanilla.....that's why it was a joke... :drink

You're right...I don't think we have anyone flashy enough for Bowden.

Now, if we only had a "5-tool" prospect with a career average of .250 in the minors, I think we'd have a trading partner. :pray

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 05:43 PM)
Nothing foolish about trading Rowand.  Thome is a bigger part of the equation than Rowand, we need a guy that's gonna play defense in CF ( Which Anderson does). Anderson will be ok in the long run... play defense and let's win another world championship.

I agree. I'm just saying that Kenny's confidence in Anderson was a big reason he we was secure in trading Rowand. How would it look if he gave up on Brian a month into the season? I don't even think there should even be a discussion about possibly replacing Anderson until around the all-star break -- assuming he's still struggling by then.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 06:44 PM)
What if we threw in a 12 pack and a designated driver for Bowden?

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Oh, that's good.

Yeah, I don't mean to give Bowden too much credit. Guzman -- what else do you need? But sending down Church was one of the most surprising moves of this year's st. Everyone knows his promise. They couldn't fail to see that and value it higher than a AA filler.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 06:35 AM)

Yes let's trade one of our top prospects for a reliever. YAY!!!!

It's April

:banghead

Can we revisit this topic in, oh, say end of May? Once he's had two full months of big league action under his belt? Seen some pitchers on a consistent basis? Settled in?

It was bad enough that people had Pods buried after two weeks into the season, but BA is a rook with serious talent. It wasn't some oversight by KW and Oz that he landed a starting job on the roster. Let's give the benefit of the doubt to the two men who won a world series championship.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 01:33 AM)
It's April

:banghead

Can we revisit this topic in, oh, say end of May? Once he's had two full months of big league action under his belt? Seen some pitchers on a consistent basis? Settled in?

It was bad enough that people had Pods buried after two weeks into the season, but BA is a rook with serious talent. It wasn't some oversight by KW and Oz that he landed a starting job on the roster. Let's give the benefit of the doubt to the two men who won a world series championship.

You should know by now that the use of logic doesn't fly around here.