Gamethread 5-2-05 vs. Cleveland Injuns

Capn12

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 2, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
What exactly did you say about Buehrle?  That Garland was the real ace?

Count is the real ace. I said Buehrle doesn't pitch well in high pressure games and/or against teams with good offenses. Guys like Contreras can shut them down. Buehrle regularly can't hold his own against them.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 2, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
Count is the real ace. I said Buehrle doesn't pitch well in high pressure games and/or against teams with good offenses. Guys like Contreras can shut them down. Buehrle regularly can't hold his own against them.

I'm pretty sure you said Garland was the real ace last year

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 2, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)

yeah, his playoff starts blew.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ May 2, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
It's so hard coming here after a loss.. It's so depressing and people talk like we are horrible...

Our team is great and our offense rocks. Some of us are just upset that we only seen the full starting 9 in 35% of our games so far. Considering that 35% number and looking at our record, I am happy as hell.

I would like to see Uribe pick it up a bit, so we can take some more pressure off of Anderson.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
Our team is great and our offense rocks.  Some of us are just upset that we only seen the full starting 9 in 35% of our games so far.  Considering that 35% number and looking at our record, I am happy as hell. 

I would like to see Uribe pick it up a bit, so we can take some more pressure off of Anderson.

with the amount of travel and a quick noon game after a pretty long game that started at 8pm the past night, I would have expected a few bench players in.

Thome was out just because the guy needed a day off, period.

QUOTE(SnB @ May 2, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
with the amount of travel and a quick noon game after a pretty long game that started at 8pm the past night, I would have expected a few bench players in.

Thome was out just because the guy needed a day off, period.

Today I figured we would have the crappy lineup. I probably would of rather have seen Gload in at 1st, Konerko at DH. But in general its a bit shocking to only see the starting 9 in 35% of our games. I dont even think we did that last year.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
Today I figured we would have the crappy lineup.  I probably would of rather have seen Gload in at 1st, Konerko at DH. But in general its a bit shocking to only see the starting 9 in 35% of our games.  I dont even think we did that last year.

ok, that's fine, I'll agree to that.

In the past games, some of these bench guys being used is just puzzling but today wasn't one of those days.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)

Last year it was true. Especially at that frame of time. Garland has better stuff and will be more of an ace than Buehrle. If Garland s***s on himself, it's because he f***ed up. If Buehrle f***s up, it's usually because the team he's facing or the situation.

QUOTE(credeisamazing @ May 2, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
ok we lost.  c'mon guys, get over it.  i mean, yeah, it's hard to take a loss after a late game win.  have faith in our players.  we're 18-8.  that's a good record right now.  just believe in the team :gosox1:

I have faith in the team. I'm just saying. I'm not saying Buehrle sucks. Half of the pitchers in the majors can't even get through crappy teams.