Crede For A Gold Glove?

Now, im not a Sox fan obviously Im a Cardinals fan but I think Ill drop by here from time to time, I am an everyday poster at TalkBears, and TalkBulls so id thought Id create a name here.

Ok so ne ways, I love how Joe Crede plays 3rd base. He has made dramatic improvements over the years and IMO should be in the running for a gold glove. What do you think?

Welcome. :cheers

This has been discussed several times. Crede's certainly deserving. He's ALWAYS had the great glove, but it's been under the radar before his bat got hot last fall.

However, the gold glove is a bit of a farce, in that you must be a good offensive player to earn the gold glove also. If Crede continues hitting the way he does, he'll have no problem taking the hardware home.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 8, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
Welcome.  :cheers

This has been discussed several times.  Crede's certainly deserving.  He's ALWAYS had the great glove, but it's been under the radar before his bat got hot last fall.

However, the gold glove is a bit of a farce, in that you must be a good offensive player to earn the gold glove also.  If Crede continues hitting the way he does, he'll have no problem taking the hardware home.

He is One of the best clutch hitters in the game already IMO...Especially in last years playoffs.

QUOTE(The-Legend-Of-Pujols @ May 8, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
Now, im not a Sox fan obviously Im a Cardinals fan but I think Ill drop by here from time to time, I am an everyday poster at TalkBears, and TalkBulls so id thought Id create a name here.

Ok so ne ways, I love how Joe Crede plays 3rd base. He has made dramatic improvements over the years and IMO should be in the running for a gold glove. What do you think?

Man, I love Pujols, you lucky f***s. That dude is a freak of nature, and much respect to the cards and LaRussa.

Crede should be up there in the GG rankings. But as long as Chavez outproduces him offensively, he will prob win it again.

I think if Joe puts in a solid year .275-25-90 and the White Sox win the division again, Joe will win the GG. The recognition Crede got in last year's playoffs has set him up to win the award if he produces well.

Edited by sircaffey

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 8, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
Everytime I think about it its a bunch of bulls***..... You need offensive production for a defensive award.....Its like giving the 6th man award to Michael Jordan

One of these years, they'll actually fix the way the gold gloves are awarded.

I think the trip to the World Series, and Joe's preformance on the national stage are going to go a long way towards his winning a Gold Glove either this year or next. The politics of this are BS, but Joe seems to be putting together the "other" prerequisites that seem to be necesary to win the GG. I really believe this is his year as long as the Sox keep winning.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2006 -> 08:33 AM)
I think the trip to the World Series, and Joe's preformance on the national stage are going to go a long way towards his winning a Gold Glove either this year or next.  The politics of this are BS, but Joe seems to be putting together the "other" prerequisites that seem to be necesary to win the GG.  I really believe this is his year as long as the Sox keep winning.

I really hope your right. The pace he's on is ridiculous, both at the plate and on the field.

Crede certainly deserves to be in the running. Even though in theory it's a defensive award, in practice a player's offense gets factored in. Crede's offense is getting better all the time. He'll never put up A-Rod numbers, but that shouldn't matter. He throws some leather over there, and in my opinion, this is the year he should win the Gold Glove.