Aaron Rowand Talks With the Media

KJean

QUOTE(Steff @ May 15, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
Love how they tried to slip him up and blame the Phillies for him getting injured - by not putting up padding sooner.

Aaron "it's part of the game..."

Total class.

From what AJ was saying, he certainly could have too.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)
From what AJ was saying, he certainly could have too.

He asked them to order it when they got there from spring training, so yes he could have thrown them under the bus. That professionalism is why he's so popular. I hope AJ keeps his yap shut about things that are none of his business...

QUOTE(Steff @ May 15, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
He asked them to order it when they got there from spring training, so yes he could have thrown them under the bus. That professionalism is why he's so popular. I hope AJ keeps his yap shut about things that are none of his business...

I just remember hearing/reading something this week that AJ was on the phone with Aaron, and Aaron told AJ that the padding was in some back room waiting to be put up.

I found it:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-baseball-print

"The sad part is that he told them when he got there that they needed to put padding on the wall, and that padding is sitting somewhere in the stadium," said Pierzynski, who added that Rowand needed 15 stitches. "He has seen [the padding] and they just haven't put it up yet. That's the worst part about the whole situation."

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 15, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
I just remember hearing/reading something this week that AJ was on the phone with Aaron, and Aaron told AJ that the padding was in some back room waiting to be put up.

I found it:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-baseball-print

I heard that the padding just arrived, and they were waiting for the Phillies road trip before putting it up. Bad timing.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 15, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
I heard that the padding just arrived, and they were waiting for the Phillies road trip before putting it up. Bad timing.

That's what I heard also.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ May 15, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
The night it happened ESPN must have said 10 times about the padding having been ordered but not installed. I don't think AJ was letting any cats out of any bags. They were already out.

I believe it was closer to 20 times. And they said it had just arrived and was to be installed on their next road trip.

A bit different then "Aaron said it was sitting around the park..." IMO, implying it had been there for a while.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 15, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
A broken nose is a real pain in the ass more than anything.

Why would your nose hurt your ass??

I broke mine many times, its ugly ass crooked now. It really sucks to sleep, shower etc, things that you do normally.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 15, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
Why would your nose hurt your ass??

I broke mine many times, its ugly ass crooked now. It really sucks to sleep, shower etc, things that you do normally.

I had a hangnail once

The ring looked awsome and huge on Arow's hand...Everyone was right about that ring goes well with anything even two shiners and a broken nose!!!! He looks like he just had a brawl with the two shiners...Bad ass mutha fer!!!! :fight :chair :headbang :lolhitting

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ May 15, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
Yeah I've broken mine about five times.

The next day is the worst. Then you get the two black eyes.

Ouch.

my oldest bro got sucker punched in highschool and had his nose severly broken. he was in agony for about a week. can't begin to imagine what arow went through...