Frank Thomas first AB

Steve9347

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ May 22, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
did they cheer him after the home run?

Yes, they did. It was all cheers from the time he came to the on-deck circle until he went back into the dugout. And it was just for him too, because they were booing hardcore on the next home run.

However, I'm extremely happy that we've got a class group of fans, and Frank received the ovation he deserved. And hopefully all of this will bring some closure to everything.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 22, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
Yes, they did. It was all cheers from the time he came to the on-deck circle until he went back into the dugout. And it was just for him too, because they were booing hardcore on the next home run.

However, I'm extremely happy that we've got a class group of fans, and Frank received the ovation he deserved. And hopefully all of this will bring some closure to everything.

:cheers

Thomas never said anything bad about Sox fans, so why should the fans feel any ill will toward him.

Im glad that he got the ovation and glad that he hit the home run. Loyalty is earned, and Thomas no matter what he said, always played on the field. Thomas can still be a good player, a lot of his problems have been in his head. Once he stopped getting the calls he just seemed to worry more about that then focusing on himself. Still my favorite player and probably always will be.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 22, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
The first at bat was for the last 15 years.

The 2nd at bat...he's an A now.

Fine by me. He got the class welcome back to Chicago in his first AB, and that's what people will remember. I'm just glad this is somewhat over now.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ May 22, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
um, no.

He got a standing ovation after the HR, you obviously were not watching.

I honestly do not care that he went deep twice tonight, I didn't expect to win this game so watching him hit 2 HRs was enjoyable for me.