Athletics vs. White Sox

Heads22

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jenksd @ May 24, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
i'm going to steal hawk's hat

this response matches your avatar, hilarious.

I love the dugout

Edited by SnB

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 24, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
Randy Johnson sucks. It's funny to think back about all the things we were offering to try and get him. He's just terrible now.

and to think paulie was rumored to be dealt in any deal involving randy.... :headshake

Randy Johnson sucks. It's funny to think back about all the things we were offering to try and get him. He's just terrible now.

He has lost some velocity...therefore people don't chase his bad pitches anymore. He never really had any control...it is just easier for the hitters to see the bad pitches with the lack of velocity.

Which is why I never wanted him.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)

The New York media is going to be freaking out after tonight's performance.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ May 24, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
He has lost some velocity...therefore people don't chase his bad pitches anymore. He never really had any control...it is just easier for the hitters to see the bad pitches with the lack of velocity.

His mechanics are also really off right now...he's trying to make up for the drop in velocity by overthrowing everything, so hitters wind up able to pick up his arm angle a lot better. He'll improve if he fixes that. No more 20 win seasons probably, but he's not as bad as he looks now.