Athletics vs. White Sox

Heads22

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 24, 2006 -> 01:18 PM)
Eh, I woulda sat Big Jim.

Presumably Ozzie would have also if the injury was anything noteworthy at all. Which probably means we're making a bigger deal of it than JT or OG or HS do.

How do we know Thome is even injured? I thought he was pulled from the game for the simple reason that we were up by a lot, and there was no reason to keep him in the game. He seemed fine running the bases last night. Instead of being upset he's in the lineup, we should be thrilled that he's healthy enough to play.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 24, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
How do we know Thome is even injured? I thought he was pulled from the game for the simple reason that we were up by a lot, and there was no reason to keep him in the game. He seemed fine running the bases last night. Instead of being upset he's in the lineup, we should be thrilled that he's healthy enough to play.

They did take him out in the middle of Paulie's at bat. I found that a bit odd.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 24, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
They did take him out in the middle of Paulie's at bat. I found that a bit odd.

That's not the first time Ozzie's done that this year. He probably just had the idea at that moment, and decided to pr for Thome.

Buehrle has been awesome at The Cell the last couple of seasons and I expect him to show us the same effort that he put on last Friday's game.

Anyone know how the weather is going to look by the start of the game?

Hopefully the sox have better weather than we did today for our home opener ( i work for the windy city thunderbolts).

I had to pull the tarp on and off the field 3 times.

PS: it's not as fun as it looks

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 24, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
They just mentioned something about the weather on Comcast.

Anybody catch it?

well it appears as if the game will start on time, but id be shocked if it didnt rain... whats up with the hat hawk is wearing? lol :gosox2:

Edited by Melissa1334