The Royals - 120 losses easy

Greg Hibbard

This team has quit and it's May 24th. They are a brutal 2-20 on the road and I can't see them winning a game the rest of this month (vs. Tigers for 2, 3 @ NYY, 3 @ Oak), which would put them at 10-41...

With the Central as good as it is, I can't see them avoiding 120 losses.

It will only get worse for them over the next few years as well. The Sox should contend at least for a few more years based on their nucleus and the farm system and KW's track record.

Both the Tigers and Indians are rising clubs based upon their youth as well. Plus, the Twins, might open the purse strings with their new ballpark on the way.

Might the Royals only win 20 by 2010?

I remember saying that in order for two teams to win over 90 games in the AL Central, one team would have to lose a TON of games, which I said won't happen because every team is improved.

I was very wrong.

These Royals might prove to be the exception to Hawk's rule that no matter what you do, you're going to win 60 and lose 60.....

Of course, it's very telling that we've dropped a couple of games to them. The Sox need to show no mercy and put the Royals away for the rest of the season.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 24, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
Its their own fault, they traded away an all star OF for nothing, and have had top draft picks that were crappy.

Traded:

Johnny Damon

Mark Ellis

Jermaine Dye

Carlos Beltran

Kevin Appier

Received:

AJ Hinch

Angel Berroa

Roberto Hernandez

Neifi Perez

Mike Wood

Mark Teahen

John Buck

Jeff D'Amico

Brad Rigby

Blake Stein

Not a lot of reloading going on there. The most productive trade was probably unloading Beltran but that was also the most recent so you have to atleast give Buck and Teahen a couple years to suck before proclaiming it a win.

Also, Jermaine Dye for Neifie Perez (1 season w/ KC, 40 OPS+) might just be one of the most pathetic trades I've ever seen. Neifi was off to a fast start with the Rockies that year (.298 BA) and fooled KC with his Coors heavy offensive production. So sad.

there is no team in MLB that has worse luck with injuries and off of the field problems. I almost feel sorry for them at times, but then again as they have done a Chicago Blackhawks move on their fanbase, I can't really feel that bad for them, because it is Karma that is kicking their ass.

there is no team in MLB that has worse luck with injuries and off of the field problems. I almost feel sorry for them at times, but then again as they have done a Chicago Blackhawks move on their fanbase, I can't really feel that bad for them, because it is Karma that is kicking their ass.

They black out home games??

Freakin' Royals. I thought they looked better on Opening Day then last year. Then the injuries hit. I still might have thought they would have a chance to get out of the cellar, until this losing skid. Ouch.

I seriously overestimated these guys this year. And underestimated Detroit. The other 3 teams are all about where I thought, though.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
Traded:

Johnny Damon

Mark Ellis

Jermaine Dye

Carlos Beltran

Kevin Appier

Received:

AJ Hinch

Angel Berroa

Roberto Hernandez

Neifi Perez

Mike Wood

Mark Teahen

John Buck

Jeff D'Amico

Brad Rigby

Blake Stein

Not a lot of reloading going on there. The most productive trade was probably unloading Beltran but that was also the most recent so you have to atleast give Buck and Teahen a couple years to suck before proclaiming it a win.

Also, Jermaine Dye for Neifie Perez (1 season w/ KC, 40 OPS+) might just be one of the most pathetic trades I've ever seen. Neifi was off to a fast start with the Rockies that year (.298 BA) and fooled KC with his Coors heavy offensive production. So sad.

Thats a nice and pretty color-coded trade map you got there. :)

Im curious what else happened with the Dye trade, because he never played in Colorado so he was obviously spun to Oakland right away. Did the Rockies recieve any value for Dye?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 25, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
Thats a nice and pretty color-coded trade map you got there. :)

Im curious what else happened with the Dye trade, because he never played in Colorado so he was obviously spun to Oakland right away. Did the Rockies recieve any value for Dye?

Funny that you mention it, Jose Ortiz' name came up for some reason yesterday in a conversation I was having with someone. I honestly have no idea what happened to this guy.

Dye was traded the to the A's from the Rockies the same day he left KC, the A's picked up Jose Ortiz (uber bust), Mario Encarnacion (Busteroni) and Todd Belitz (Mondo huge bust).

So no, Jermaine Dye has never been traded for anything of value.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
Funny that you mention it, Jose Ortiz' name came up for some reason yesterday in a conversation I was having with someone. I honestly have no idea what happened to this guy.

Dye was traded the to the A's from the Rockies the same day he left KC, the A's picked up Jose Ortiz (uber bust), Mario Encarnacion (Busteroni) and Todd Belitz (Mondo huge bust).

So no, Jermaine Dye has never been traded for anything of value.

Keith Lockhart will disagree with you

;)

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 26, 2006 -> 10:19 AM)
I thought KC traded Dye and Caveman to Oakland in one deal?

Damon was traded to KC in the off-season between 00-01

Dye was traded early in the 01 Season