AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

:lolhitting i suppose we should check people at the gate and make sure they can recite the White Sox's 25 man roster from the year of their birth before letting them in. That way we will know they're real sox fans

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beautox @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
:lolhitting i suppose we should check people at the gate and make sure they can recite the White Sox's 25 man roster from the year of their birth before letting them in. That way we will know they're real sox fans

Or the people at the game could just avoid standing every 60 seconds during a one run game in the 8th. I don't give a s*** if you're a die hard or not, I just don't want people doing the wave. It's not that hard to understand.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:13 AM)
You displease me with your pro-wave banter.

Something tells me I should get a ticket, find out where your sitting, stand up almost, if not, right in front of you, and just start the wave for almost every inning just to see you pissed off. I could probably take you. :)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
Well you basically said why the wave pisses people off in your last post. We don't need others standing in our way when we're trying to watch a 1 run ball game. One of the more annoying things around. You're there to watch baseball, not to do the f***in wave.

i agree you should be there to watch baseball, esp a 1 run game, but we knew coming into this season that the bandwagon would fill up, and with it filling up it has given the sox more capital to put right back into the club you gotta give a little to get a little. This isn't Russia circa 1930, let the bandwagoners be and atempt to just enjoy the game yourself. Personally i would prefer to have a packed house doing the wave and having an electric atmopshere than 12-15k, thats all.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:20 AM)
Something tells me I should get a ticket, find out where your sitting, stand up almost, if not, right in front of you, and just start the wave for almost every inning just to see you pissed off. I could probably take you. :)

I bet you couldn't. :)

QUOTE(beautox @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:21 AM)
i agree you should be there to watch baseball, esp a 1 run game, but we knew coming into this season that the bandwagon would fill up, and with it filling up it has given the sox more capital to put right back into the club you gotta give a little to get a little. This isn't Russia circa 1930, let the bandwagoners be and atempt to just enjoy the game yourself. Personally i would prefer to have a packed house doing the wave and having an electric atmopshere than 12-15k, thats all.

A crowd that is doing the wave is not a crowd that is creating an electric atmosphere, it's one that is too busy f***ing around to even notice 3 pitching changes and a run crossing the plate. I'm sorry but I'd rather have my cake and eat it too.

I really used to enjoy those 15K crowds and I know I'm not alone on this one. I love me some 38K but those 15K, put your feet up and enjoy the game with people who really cared sure were fun.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
A crowd that is doing the wave is not a crowd that is creating an electric atmosphere, it's one that is too busy f***ing around to even notice 3 pitching changes and a run crossing the plate. I'm sorry but I'd rather have my cake and eat it too.

I really used to enjoy those 15K crowds and I know I'm not alone on this one. I love me some 38K but those 15K, put your feet up and enjoy the game with people who really cared sure were fun.

i understand im just saying its something we have to deal with and i wouldn't dwell on it and id love to have my cake and eat it also but it isn't going to happen. I would love nothing more thanto have 39k all discussing the lasts pitch location and just indepth baseball talk in the stands but it isn't going to happen. But we can dream :cheers

as far as the 15k crowds i miss those days too, where you could basicly have any seat you wanted in the lower bowl and there wouldn't be a person to your right or left, but things change, and they appear to have changed for the better in some senses. :gosox1:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)
Um, no. I love the full stadium and all but having a crowd that doesn't give a s*** about a close game in the 8th inning is sickening. I'm sure we could fill the stadium with people who can avoid standing every 60 seconds, there are plenty of people out there who would love to go to a game but can't because it's sold out lets get those people into the park to replace the asswipes who encourage the wave.

These last few pages are classics! Completely agree though...pisses me off to no end. When I'd go to Suns games...if you got up and left...you were screwed until a timeout or something. Can't remember if the DBacks do that too. Ushers wouldn't let you just saunter back down the aisle and f*** up the game for everybody. Should be that way at EVERY venue!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)
Um, no. I love the full stadium and all but having a crowd that doesn't give a s*** about a close game in the 8th inning is sickening. I'm sure we could fill the stadium with people who can avoid standing every 60 seconds, there are plenty of people out there who would love to go to a game but can't because it's sold out lets get those people into the park to replace the asswipes who encourage the wave.

Haha, you think because people do the wave, they don't care about the game? Wow.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)

I completely agree with you. Normally I just roll my eyes when the wave starts but that's because the game is not very close. Last night the wave was in full effect during a critical time in the game. Everyone around us was completely focused on the wave while the tying runner was at the plate in the 8th. You can see everyone's attention turned to their right so they can wait and get ready for the wave to hit our section. They should have been looking straight ahead at the critical at bat. And whenever the wave made a full lap around the park the place went absolutely crazy with cheers louder than for any of the RBIs our guys hit. Was truly pathetic.

Additionally, after Thome, Konerko, and Dye were retired in the bottom of the 8th, 15% of the stadium got up and left. Why?!?! It was a 3-2 game. It was still early (9:30). The top of the A's order was going to be coming up in the 9th.

I have never felt so embarassed with the fans at our park like I was yesterday.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:07 AM)
If your b****ing about the crowds, that's fine. If you want 15 k at games and 15 million dollars less payroll, that's your problem, but I'll take the bigger crowds and more important, the bigger payroll.

I didn't say I wanted crowds of 15K. The crowd on Monday was 100 times better and into the game from start to finish. Yesterday was a joke.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 25, 2006 -> 07:08 AM)
Haha, you think because people do the wave, they don't care about the game? Wow.

Well... you might care, but it shows you're not paying attention to the game.

"Oooo.... here it comes... wait, wait.. ok.. here we go... wheeee..... hehe.. that was so fun. Look.. it's coming around again... Ooooo... "

Let me also point out that a crowd of 15 k that is going wild circa 2002 CAN be better than a sellout crowd doing the wave during key spots and such, so I agree with the premise.......however more people=more payroll, and I'll sacrifice a few bandwagoners in the park if it gives us more money to spend, ESPECIALLY with Kenny as GM since I know in that case the money will be spent wisely.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:11 AM)
Let me also point out that a crowd of 15 k that is going wild circa 2002 CAN be better than a sellout crowd doing the wave during key spots and such, so I agree with the premise.......however more people=more payroll, and I'll sacrifice a few bandwagoners in the park if it gives us more money to spend, ESPECIALLY with Kenny as GM since I know in that case the money will be spent wisely.

I'll be the first to say that I prefer a full house over 15K. Was just voicing my displeasure with a large portion of the crowd's behavior.

Guest JimH

Fan etiquette is at an all time low and unfortunately I don't see it getting better unless sports teams (in general) make a conscious and ongoing effort to educate fans. I am not talking about the wave specfically, but really any behavior that interferes with another fan watching/enjoying the game.

As for the wave, I hate it but lots of people like it, whenever there's a big crowd it ends up being majority rules with a lot of these things.

Not to get into this discussion again but I remember as a kid and my dad taking me to games at old Comiskey, I never even thought about leaving my seat until after an inning and neither did he. Neither did anyone else in the row. It was standard operating procedure, kind of an unwritten rule, that you don't interfere with other people watching the game, i.e. walk in front of them when the play is going on. Well, that morphed into people walking out in between at bats which is not a big deal, and then that morphed into people doing whatever they hell they want to do, whenever they want to do it.

Unfortunately it's part of life with big crowds. I don't like it but that's the way it is.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:14 AM)
I'll be the first to say that I prefer a full house over 15K. Was just voicing my displeasure with a large portion of the crowd's behavior.

Yeah, the wave should have rules similar to a save, such as you can't pull it out unless your up by AT LEAST 5 at the time. I hate it in general, but if the game is a b**** slapping I can live with it. However up 2 or 1, it shouldn't be going on.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

The wave sucks, but they have been trying the wave at Sox games for as long as I can remember, even when there were very few in the seats. Unless its a WS game or something similar, if you are constantly drawing 35k, there's going to be a fair share of people who will not be paying any attention to the game. I sure I'm not the only long-time season ticketholder who appreciates everything the increased attendance means to the team, but does miss the conveniences that came with the smaller crowds.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:16 AM)
Fan etiquette is at an all time low and unfortunately I don't see it getting better unless sports teams (in general) make a conscious and ongoing effort to educate fans. I am not talking about the wave specfically, but really any behavior that interferes with another fan watching/enjoying the game.

As for the wave, I hate it but lots of people like it, whenever there's a big crowd it ends up being majority rules with a lot of these things.

Not to get into this discussion again but I remember as a kid and my dad taking me to games at old Comiskey, I never even thought about leaving my seat until after an inning and neither did he. Neither did anyone else in the row. It was standard operating procedure, kind of an unwritten rule, that you don't interfere with other people watching the game, i.e. walk in front of them when the play is going on. Well, that morphed into people walking out in between at bats which is not a big deal, and then that morphed into people doing whatever they hell they want to do, whenever they want to do it.

Unfortunately it's part of life with big crowds. I don't like it but that's the way it is.

Monday night I went to get Destiny who was sitting behind the plate with my sister.. when I brought her over to our section and were waiting for the 3rd out.. some ass walks in front of us and she says "hey... game going on!". He didn't hear her. Turns out he was sitting in the 5th row on the end so when we walk down she spots him and is sure to tell him... "you're not supposed to walk when the game is going on". She's 5.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:21 AM)
Monday night I went to get Destiny who was sitting behind the plate with my sister.. when I brought her over to our section and were waiting for the 3rd out.. some ass walks in front of us and she says "hey... game going on!". He didn't hear her. Turns out he was sitting in the 5th row on the end so when we walk down she spots him and is sure to tell him... "you're not supposed to walk when the game is going on". She's 5.

Bravo! :cheers