Official Soxtalk 2006 World Cup Thread

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
f***ing PK's. Germany just beat the best team in the World Cup.

Well, that's what he gets for leaving Messi on the bench and taking out Crespo and Riquelme.

Their backup keeper looked brutal on the PKs. I don't think he read one shot correctly.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germany, Italy, Brazil are right now the 3 best teams in the world. We'll see if it stands, but Argentina didn't look as good against Mexico and than lost in PK's to the Germans (albeit a home field advantage, but thats something you have to figure in anyway).

England and Portugal battling in the 1st half of overtime. England playing a man short because Rooney was red-carded in the 62nd minute or so. England has played better and has missed quite a few prime situations where they could have had "easy" goals.

Portugal finally getting a few chances late in this overtime as they are into injury minutes.

Well now its finite...its going to penalty kicks.

England and Portugal even through 2 kicks (both have sunk 1).

England missed the first

Portugal the 2nd

Bot miss the 3rd kicks so its still even.

Portugal makes this one and they win. Ricardo (Portugal's goal keeper) has been amazing.

Christian Renaldo makes it and Portgual wins.

f***ING PENALTIES! f***ING PORTUGESE KEEPERS! f***ING DON'T KNOW YOUR ARSE FROM YOUR ELBOW SWEDISH f***ING MANAGERS! I have no further comment to make. Aside from; Ronaldo, Roonie's gonna smack you and Gary Neville will be holding his coat.

^^^^^^^^^^^Sorry guys, I'm feeling a little emotional at the moment.

QUOTE(zenryan @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)
hahaha, sorry england

One of the worst teams I've ever seen get that far in the Cup. I'm surprised a depleted Portugal was able to beat them.....but I'm glad they did. Someone might wanna tell Rooney that he should use some of that energy on scoring or setting up goals instead of yelling and making pit bull faces. See ya.

Brazil should be ashamed of itself.

Now it's an all European Cup, yawn. Go Germany.....I guess.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
No one stands a chance against Brazil. The only teams I see competing with Brazil are the Czechs, French, and Portugese.

Hmmm....

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuv being right. 2 of the 3 went further than Brazil. I = Awesome.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 4, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
not a big soccer fan, but caught the overtimes of the italy-germany game, some awesome stuff right there.

GO ITALY :headbang

It was my viewing during the Sox commercials. And I agree, go Italy.

Edited by Rowand44

FORZA ITALIA!!!

Wow that was amazing. The first half was a ton of fun to watch with good action. The 2nd half was a little dull, but the teams cancelled each other out. The overtime was amazing. Both teams subbed in offensive players and those guys dominated. The midfield was bypassed due to fatigued players and it made play wide open. The finish by Grosso was amazing with the great bend.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 4, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
FORZA ITALIA!!!

Wow that was amazing. The first half was a ton of fun to watch with good action. The 2nd half was a little dull, but the teams cancelled each other out. The overtime was amazing. Both teams subbed in offensive players and those guys dominated. The midfield was bypassed due to fatigued players and it made play wide open. The finish by Grosso was amazing with the great bend.

Completely awesome.

Forza Italia

What a sweet series of goals in OT by Italy and that was definately the best overtime (in terms of action) of the entire cup.

Depressing for us Aussies thinking of what may have been seeing Italy make the final now.

I'm tipping an upset and going with Portgual. Deco's back for them, and I think the likes of Ricardo Carvelhio can do the job on Henry.

And so it begins.

US to make a pitch for Klinsmann

They had a chance to get Jurgen before. I like it, as he can work with our strikers on hitting the target a bit more.

Anything is better than Arena. Its funny that he is now linked to the RedBulls. How the mighty have fallen.