Maroth to see doctor

The Ginger Kid

That would explain his bad start the other day.

Will be interesting to see what happens if he is injured for a fair period of time. They've got Ledezma down in AAA IIRC, and Roman Colon who's started a couple of games before. Could hurt their bullpen a little as well if they do decide to go to Colon to fill in.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)
This is Maroth's line from yesterday per rotoworld. I'm fairly sure his ERA was not 540.00.

Isnt his ERA 6(runs) x 3(outs) x 9(innings) = 162.00 ERA?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:37 AM)
Dmitri Young and Maroth go down. It will be interesting to see how Detroit responds to this.

Losing Dmitri is actually a positive. They've essentially been without DaMeat since the start of the season.

He's done nothing thus far this year.

Maroth will be a significant loss though if he's out for an extended period of time. That said, Ramon Colon looked pretty good yesterday filling in for Mike who couldn't even last past the first out of the first inning.

Edited by JackTalkThai

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:54 AM)
That said, Ramon Colon looked pretty good yesterday filling in for Mike who couldn't even last past the first out of the first inning.

It's always impressive to shut down the Royals offense.

Who have the Tigers recorded all of thier shutouts against?

TEX(4/08) 7-0

CLE(4/16) 1-0

SEA(4/22) 2-0

MIN(4/28) 9-0

MIN(4/30) 1-0

CLE(5/13) 3-0

MIN(5/17) 2-0

CIN(5/21) 1-0

KC(5/22) 8-0

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 26, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
It's always impressive to shut down the Royals offense.

That's true. :D

It all might be moot as I've heard that Leyland doesn't want to mess with the bullpen's rhythm by promoting anyone from within to a starter's role meaning that Maroth's eventual replacement will more than likely be coming from the minors.

If that's true, it means the 5th starter is either going to be Jordan Tata, Zach Miner or Wilfredo Ledezma.

I personally think Roman Colon would be the best choice though.

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ May 26, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
That's true. :D

It all might be moot as I've heard that Leyland doesn't want to mess with the bullpen's rhythm by promoting anyone from within to a starter's role meaning that Maroth's eventual replacement will more than likely be coming from the minors.

If that's true, it means the 5th starter is either going to be Jordan Tata, Zach Miner or Wilfredo Ledezma.

I personally think Roman Colon would be the best choice though.

Read the post immediately above yours.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 26, 2006 -> 10:25 AM)
Who have the Tigers recorded all of thier shutouts against?

TEX(4/08) 7-0

CLE(4/16) 1-0

SEA(4/22) 2-0

MIN(4/28) 9-0

MIN(4/30) 1-0

CLE(5/13) 3-0

MIN(5/17) 2-0

CIN(5/21) 1-0

KC(5/22) 8-0

The shutout against Texas isnt all that easy they have a good hitting team.

Tigers staff isnt all that impressive.

Just a bunch of 4 plus career era pitchers who are exceeding expectations. Except for Rogers and Verlander. They will slow down and they do have some injury prone players on their team im not all that worried, Im glad they are beating up on Cleveland who I expect to eventually come down to earth and catch us.

This could be the sign of something for the Tigers. A bad sign. I don't like to see guys go down even if their team is in our division, but this just goes to show which players will be able to stay healthy down the stretch. Baseball season is long and tiring and some guys wear down early.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 26, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)

White Sox staff isnt all that impressive.

Just a bunch of 4 plus career era pitchers who are exceeding expectations. Except for Buehrle and Garcia. They will slow down and they do have some injury prone players on their team im not all that worried, Im glad they are beating up on Cleveland who I expect to eventually come down to earth and catch us.

2005>

fan>

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 27, 2006 -> 08:53 AM)
I thought it was 6(runs) x 9(innings) = 54.00 ERA?

well, he only recorded one out in the inning, so theoretically he would have 6 runs per out.

6(runs) x 3(outs) x 9(innings)=162 ERA

If im wrong and someone knows it, please correct me. This is how I thought it went.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 27, 2006 -> 08:59 AM)
well, he only recorded one out in the inning, so theoretically he would have 6 runs per out.

If im wrong and someone knows it, please correct me. This is how I thought it went.

ERA:

(earned runs x 9) divided by innings pitched

In this case (6 x 9) / 1/3= 162.00

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:38 AM)
Try Again

Hint: 1/3 does not equal .3

That is correct.

An easier way to remember is that it's the amount of earned runs per 9 IP. To solve, set up a ratio of: (earned runs/IP) = (x/9 innings). Solve for x.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 27, 2006 -> 08:59 AM)

You are correct sir. I can't think of a reason why rotoworld would f*** it up that bad. He would have had to give up 20 runs in 1/3 of an inning to have a 540 ERA. Maybe they did "The Critc" style and moved the decimal place one to the right?

Maroth to undergo arthroscopic surgery

Mike Maroth will undergo arthroscopic surgery Friday to remove bone chips in his left elbow, dealing a major blow to the Tigers' rotation.

The bone chips were discovered during tests conducted Wednesday by Angels team physician Dr. Lewis Yocum. Maroth met with Yocum to try to find the source of inflammation in his elbow that had been bothering him off and on since Spring Training and flared up again last week at Kansas City.

The Tigers won't release a timetable until after the surgery. However, it's expected the procedure will keep Maroth out of action until at least late July. Yankees pitcher Carl Pavano underwent similar surgery last week and isn't expected to resume a throwing program for at least six weeks. Others have come back sooner.

Someone want to update the title of this thread?

Edited by Balta1701