Official Suspension Announcements

Chisoxrd5

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 26, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
Has there ever been an appeal that didn't reduce the suspension??

I want Barrett serving them all.

Yes, all the time. I really think these suspensions will hold, the situation was so extreme that even if they appeal IMO the suspensions will stand as is.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:08 AM)
So it looks like this:

Anderson - 5 gams, fine

Cora - 2 games, fine

Pierz - fine

Pods - Nothing

Contreras - Nothing

Barrett - 10 games, fine

Mabry - Nothing

Lee - Nothing.

I would have laughed so hard had Mabry got suspended.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:21 AM)
I would have laughed so hard had Mabry got suspended.

I don't know think it's fair. P.J. should not have a fine, and Barrett's 10 game is too light. With his history (almost starting a fight a few days before against S.D. ) I think he should have got 20 games. What's the difference between his punch and the Kermit Washington punch against Rudy T?

Starting a fight with punches (not the usual "shove") should be way more.

QUOTE(indyman @ May 26, 2006 -> 10:33 AM)
I don't know think it's fair. P.J. should not have a fine, and Barrett's 10 game is too light. With his history (almost starting a fight a few days before against S.D. ) I think he should have got 20 games. What's the difference between his punch and the Kermit Washington punch against Rudy T?

Well, Kermit Washington almost killed Rudy Tomjonavich with that punch, so thats one difference.

QUOTE(indyman @ May 26, 2006 -> 10:33 AM)

Kermit got a big ass running start and actually connected with one of the most flush punches you'll ever see, they're not even close to similar.

PJ? I thought that was humorous. There's really no precedent at all for giving Barrett anymore than 10 games, his suspension was already inflated (probably would have been 5-7 games) but he incited the entire thing so they made an example of him. His suspension really was fair.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ May 26, 2006 -> 10:55 AM)
So no Sweeney... We are stuck without his rostor spot for 5 games... that sucks... I was hoping Sweeney would take his job in the mean time...

Even if we were able to do something like that, there's a few reasons why it would never happen.

1.) His hamstring is still tweaked, not worth bringing him up simply because of this.

2.) If he were called up he would not play at all, so there's really no point there either.

3.) Why buy his contract and start his Arb. clock for a 5 game stretch where he won't even be used.

but other than that, hell yeah.

As anyone else noticed that cub fan hostility towards white sox fans is up dramatically?

I think the world series and this great 2006 team is really getting to cub fans. They are noticably rattled by our vast success and their incredible suckiness

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ May 26, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
As anyone else noticed that cub fan hostility towards white sox fans is up dramatically?

I think the world series and this great 2006 team is really getting to cub fans. They are noticably rattled by our vast success and their incredible suckiness

I've got three words for them .... Deal with it!

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ May 26, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)

Mac talked about this last night on MJH. They can't rip on attendance, talent or "what have the Sox done lately?" - what else is left? Hence much frustration on their part.

:gosox3:

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 26, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
Mac talked about this last night on MJH. They can't rip on attendance, talent or "what have the Sox done lately?" - what else is left? Hence much frustration on their part.

:gosox3:

Why do I get a sense of satisfaction from reading your post? :D

So here's the question...if you're B.A., do you take hte 5 games now, while Mack is hot and you're ice cold and work on your swing, or do you fight it and risk having a 4 game suspension a month from now right after you actually figure your swing out.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 26, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
So here's the question...if you're B.A., do you take hte 5 games now, while Mack is hot and you're ice cold and work on your swing, or do you fight it and risk having a 4 game suspension a month from now right after you actually figure your swing out.

Cora suggested that Brian will probably appeal.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:03 AM)
Getting this second hand from another site but p/ the Score

Barrett: 10 games + fine

BA: 5 games + fine

Cora: 2 games + fine

AJP: fine

wait AJ is getting fined for WHAT?!!! I can understand Brian getting a suspension and a fine but AJ all he did was slap home plate and walk toward his helmet. He didn't even fight back. Cora I thought was a rumor with him biting someone.

Edited by WinningUgly85

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:39 AM)
I say he should take it now while the taking is good.

The Sox start a 3 game set with Torotno today, followed by 4 with Cleveland. For the next month, we're either playing division games or teams with winning records (Texas, Cinci, St. Louis, Cleveland, Detroit).

I say take it now so that there's no chance he winds up having to serve that suspension against Detroit.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 26, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
I say he should take it now while the taking is good.

Three lefties going against us in the next five games. Maybe he should appeal until we have a string of righties coming up, then drop his appeal.