Hello Mr. Anderson

BigSqwert

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Ozzie keeps starting him more against righties now after that effort.

The thing is, it'd actually be more beneficial now if we had a RHH OF backing him up, instead of Machowiak who's better against righties.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 03:46 AM)
Hopefully Ozzie keeps starting him more against righties now after that effort.

The thing is, it'd actually be more beneficial now if we had a RHH OF backing him up, instead of Machowiak who's better against righties.

I hear Timo Perez is available...

I'm just sayin'!! OK, so I was laughing as I typed that.

Good game for BA -- he hit the ball 3 times, and his homerun was nothing if not timely. IMO it made a huge difference last week to have Ozzie say to the media 'put a sock in the AAA talks, Anderson is my center fielder.'

I think Ozzie will be able to manage BA into the player we all know he can be. (And no, I don't just feel this way because I'm a girl and Anderson's cute, as one of my co-workers insists. :lol:

Well okay, maybe a little.)

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 10:30 AM)
I would think if the official scorer loved him the least bit he'd have three hits. :D

They didn't score it as an error immediately, and we were saying that Ozzie probably was on his cell to the scorer -- 'this kid needs it to be a hit, come on, you know it was through!' :P

Anyone notice that BA has as many RBI (15) hitting last with 129 ABs as AJ Pierzynski has hitting 6th with 196 ABs? Meanwhile, Mack has 11 RBI in 112 ABs, and Cintron has 12 RBI in 106 ABs.

I'm not sure if this is an endorsement for keeping Anderson, or an illustration of how unproductive a .327 hitter (AJ) can be.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
Anyone notice that BA has as many RBI (15) hitting last with 129 ABs as AJ Pierzynski has hitting 6th with 196 ABs? Meanwhile, Mack has 11 RBI in 112 ABs, and Cintron has 12 RBI in 106 ABs.

I'm not sure if this is an endorsement for keeping Anderson, or an illustration of how unproductive a .327 hitter (AJ) can be.

Whoa whoa whoa. I hope you are kidding. AJP has the best 3, 4, 5 in front of him in the MLB. Of course he wont have many RBI opps. Thats just ignorant to say that he is unproductive. He is getting on base after many a bse clearing hit.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:51 AM)
Whoa whoa whoa. I hope you are kidding. AJP has the best 3, 4, 5 in front of him in the MLB. Of course he wont have many RBI opps. Thats just ignorant to say that he is unproductive. He is getting on base after many a bse clearing hit.

AJ has come to the plate 48 times with RISP. He is hitting .208 in those at bats thus far. Anderson has seen 38 at bats with RISP. He's hitting .105 in those situations.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
AJ has come to the plate 48 times with RISP. He is hitting .208 in those at bats thus far. Anderson has seen 38 at bats with RISP. He's hitting .105 in those situations.

103 of AJ's at bats are with nobody on. He is batting 379 with an OBP of 418.

"close and late" .348 .464

To lead off an Inning he is batting .412

And one of the most productive stats. Man on 3rd

Bases loaded, he is hittin .667

He is almost fucntioning as another lead off man, and is getting on in those situations.