Hello Mr. Anderson

BigSqwert

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
According to the paper, Ozzie's going to use Mackowiak full-time in CF. :o

Expect to see more losses like today in the near future. Defense is overrated anyway.

Brian Anderson is starting tomorrow. That sounds promising.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:50 AM)
Expect to see more losses like today in the near future. Defense is overrated anyway.

Brian Anderson is starting tomorrow. That sounds promising.

Good. I say give Anderson the rest of this wknd, and if he's still clueless, make a move for next week.

QUOTE(BoKnows @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:53 AM)
If Anderson continues to suck it up at the plate and Mack continues to make little league mistakes in the outfield, do you think Kenny prioritizes CF over middle relief?

I think it's already prioritized

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
You have to have Anderson on the roster during the NL games. If you shorten your bench, and have Mack in CF, with Pablo and Gload as your OF backups, we're primed for many more 5+ run innings thanks to our ridiculous defense.

So having Uribe, Anderson and the pitcher batting consecutively is a good idea?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:54 AM)
I have no clue. I can just see him making him the starting CF, but then retract that after having about a full week of Mack in center. It would be a catastrophe.

The thing is, outside of about 3 games, Mackowiak's done nothing to deserve playing in CF. One of the biggest arguments about Anderson was his mental mistakes in CF. After Mackowiak's debacles tonight, you can no longer say he's a smart outfielder. I hate Anderson's hitting this year, but I'm finally ready to jump on the bandwagon that we've lost more games because of Mackowiak's defense than we've lost due to Anderson's bad hitting.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:55 AM)
So having Uribe, Anderson and the pitcher batting consecutively is a good idea?

We don't match up well vs the NL teams on the road. Luckily, we get the Pirates on the road.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:57 AM)
You're talking about two of the best defensive players in the league.

I would say he's referring to one of the best shortstops in the league, and one of the most promising defensive outfielders. I'm not ready to say Anderson's one of the best defensive players in the league just yet.

I just got back from the game, and today's game showed once again why Mackowiak cannot play CF on a regular or even semi-regular basis. On Maggs' flyball, he didn't get in position to throw to second allowing the runner to advance. Guillen then singles and Mack throws over everyone to home where he had no chance allowing another runner into scoring position, who eventually scored from second on the infield hit. It really didn't matter because Garland was on the mound and a homer is always around the corner for him.

About Garland. I went to Tucson on March20. I saw Garland pitch one of the games I saw down there, and he got lit up. I've been to every home game except 2 or 3 this year and have watched just about all of Garland's starts home and away. The thing that's alarming to me is the amount of hard hit balls against him. At least half of the outs he records are hit pretty well. This is about as bad as I have seen him pitch since he put on a White Sox uniform.