9th Inning Tonight

bogie

Pods gets on base via walk. Cintron swings at first pitch and grounds out AND doesn't allow Pods to attempt a steal. ( Yes, if Cintron gets a hit there I'm not even writing this).

With 2 out and Thome on deck, Iguci swings at first pitch and makes an out. ( Yes, if Iguci gets a hit I;m not writing this).

I think Cintron should have had a better at bat allowing Pods to steal. If successful, man on second -no outs.

I think Iguchi should have gone deeper into the count on that at bat...

No guarantees, but .........

QUOTE(bogie @ May 30, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
Pods gets on base via walk. Cintron swings at first pitch and grounds out AND doesn't allow Pods to attempt a steal. ( Yes, if Cintron gets a hit there I'm not even writing this).

With 2 out and Thome on deck, Iguci swings at first pitch and makes an out. ( Yes, if Iguci gets a hit I;m not writing this).

I think Cintron should have had a better at bat allowing Pods to steal. If successful, man on second -no outs.

I think Iguchi should have gone deeper into the count on that at bat...

No guarantees, but .........

I wanted Cintron's head after that. f***ing horrible. And Iguchi made no sense either. Pathetic last night. I feel good that Freddie and the Count will get us the next two.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:23 AM)
I think you guys are overreacting... It's hard for any team to sweep a 4 game series on the road...

Sure, but you try and win every game, and last night, in the ninth, they did some stupid s***.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:23 AM)
I think you guys are overreacting... It's hard for any team to sweep a 4 game series on the road...

Its not so much that the Sox lost, its that they didn't execute where they should have.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)
Its not so much that the Sox lost, its that they didn't execute where they should have.

Yeah, it's a fundamental thing. I'd be pissed at someone on my softball team for swinging at the first pitch after a walk - unless he's a big bopper, and Cintron is no bopper.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)

That sums up almost every loss this season. Outside of Santana and maybe a few other games this team simply beats itself too often. A new month hopefully will help out. Bring on June.

QUOTE(G&T @ May 31, 2006 -> 06:43 AM)
That sums up almost every loss this season. Outside of Santana and maybe a few other games this team simply beats itself too often. A new month hopefully will help out. Bring on June.

If this team were to stop beating itself, it might never lose.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:28 AM)
If this team were to stop beating itself, it might never lose.

It's defnitely the biggest difference I notice between this team and last years. But it's also something that can be remedied and most likely will be.

The walk to Pods to lead off with Martinez behind the plate was a gift. I doubt seriously that it was a hit and run situation. You want Pods at second so you can sacrifice him to third.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
Me too. I can handle a loss but,these kind of losses kill me.

I'd much rather have a talented team that loses most of its games because of lack of execution, compared to a team with lesser talent who simply gets outplayed by the opposition. I can only think of about 5 games this season where we had no chance to win.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
I'd much rather have a talented team that loses most of its games because of lack of execution, compared to a team with lesser talent who simply gets outplayed by the opposition. I can only think of about 5 games this season where we had no chance to win.

Yeah, I made the comment in the chat that the Blue Jays series was the low-point of the season for the team because they simply didn't show up and I expected the team to really sky-rocket and go on a huge run after sweeping the Athletics(and they still grabbed one out of three). I think a lot of the doom and gloom from Sox fans comes from the Tigers being a little ahead of us more than how our team is performing, though I do think the team may be underacheiving just a tiny bit. Though the bullpen is struggling, I think our much improved offense(Jim Thome) is making up for that. A lot of people are talking about how we're not getting the little things done, but I don't think it's as far off as it was last year. I've seen games where we did the little things well and still inevitably lost. Likewise, I've seen games with poor execution that we won.