• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)
This is the lineup I'd like to see tonight:

Pods, Iguchi, Thome, Dye, AJP, Crede, Gload, Mackowiak, Cintron

Ozzie takes your advice. Either that or you're Batman. Please tell him to never ever put Politte in the game if there's any chance at winning again.

Edited by Dick Allen

Much needed rest for Paulie. I do remember Byrd as the one of the only pitchers who gave the Sox fits in the playoffs. Should be interesting at least.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

:pray It's time for Count to get his fastball up to the mid-90's again and stop all this talk about the Cubans' velocity being down. I'm looking forward to Count blowing 'em away again tonight with lots of heat (and just the right number of sinkers).

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
:pray It's time for Count to get his fastball up to the mid-90's again and stop all this talk about the Cubans' velocity being down. I'm looking forward to Count blowing 'em away again tonight with lots of heat (and just the right number of sinkers).

Welcome to hell :cheers

Welcome to hell :cheers

Thanx. It will only be hell tonight if the Sox aren't hitting and/or Count is throwing his fastball around 90 mph. I'm looking forward to Count being Count and Byrd throwing BP-quality pitches.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)

I missed his last start as far as this board is concerned, but I can't for the life of me remember people talking about his velocity being down. Hell, I can't remember any criticism of the Count this year, or worry (aside from the injury).

But welcome, welcome.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
Gload? As in "Ross" Gload? He's still on the team?

Actually, I'm surprised he isn't DH'ing and Thome playing first so he can get some practice before they hit NL parks next week.

I agree... I sorta doubted that Ozzie would give thome any time in the field. Its not really a decision I totally agree with, but I lean toward giving Oz the benefit of the doubt after 2005

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)
I agree... I sorta doubted that Ozzie would give thome any time in the field. Its not really a decision I totally agree with, but I lean toward giving Oz the benefit of the doubt after 2005

I still dont want Thome in the field.

The only team we have to play at an NL park we will have to bang with is the Reds. Our offense sans Thome should be better than the Pirates and the Dorks from Clark and Addison.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
I still dont want Thome in the field.

The only team we have to play at an NL park we will have to bang with is the Reds. Our offense sans Thome should be better than the Pirates and the Dorks from Clark and Addison.

:(

But I'm going to that series.. I want to see Thome! :P

Eh, you are right. As much as I will regret not seeing Thome, he really shouldn't be in the field, just as a precaution.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)
:(

But I'm going to that series.. I want to see Thome! :P

Eh, you are right. As much as I will regret not seeing Thome, he really shouldn't be in the field, just as a precaution.

But he will be, probably, so you may very well get to see him.