Hitting Coach

shoota

I appreciate Greg Walker's history with the Sox organization, but I'm interested in finding a hitting coach better than him. I want a hitting coach as good at his craft as Don Cooper is as pitching coach.

Coop has the ability to find and fix fringe pitchers like Loaiza, Contreras and Thornton, and I'd like a hitting coach who could do the same with hitters.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I appreciate Greg Walker's history with the Sox organization, but I'm interested in finding a hitting coach better than him. I want a hitting coach as good at his craft as Don Cooper is as pitching coach.

Coop has the ability to find and fix fringe pitchers like Loaiza, Contreras and Thornton, and I'd like a hitting coach who could do the same with hitters.

Isn't Greg Walker the one that everyone credits for Crede's turn around? That is what I have heard at least. Besides Uribe and Anderson, who is not hitting on this team anyway? This is the most ridiculous post I have seen yet.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 07:00 PM)
so far this season its our hitting that has carried the team not the pitching..... but i guess Walker doesnt deserve any credit for that.

I'm not looking at statistics as much as talent. I think there are better hitting coaches around and would like an upgrade.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 10:16 AM)
I'm not looking at statistics as much as talent. I think there are better hitting coaches around and would like an upgrade.

Well how do you propose we get a better hitting coach?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
Isn't Greg Walker the one that everyone credits for Crede's turn around? That is what I have heard at least. Besides Uribe and Anderson, who is not hitting on this team anyway? This is the most ridiculous post I have seen yet.

He's also the guy who f'd up Crede's swing in the first place IIRC. He's the one who tried to make his swing much more complex than it originally was on Crede's way up through the minors. Uribe also didn't spin himself out when he was doing the leg kick which Frank and Hriniak taught him late last season. I don't like Walker as a hitting coach. He preaches too much pulling and swinging for the fences IMO.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
Greg Walker

Juan Uribe

Joe Crede

Hawk/DJ and Farmer/Singleton

You're about 8% through the organization now, keep up the good work!

Farmer's cool.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
:rolly

So why come to a message board to discuss ideas, whine about things, and refuse to offer any suggestions?

You don't have to answer this. It's not your job.

It's not that I refuse to offer suggestions, but that I don't desire to put forth the effort to find a solution. I figure I'll get the conversation going by whining and finger pointing (my strength), and let others compensate my weakness by finding a solution. A group effort, if you will.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
I think this team has far more pressing concerns than finding a new hitting coach.

Who says an organization has to fix its problems in order of concern? Yes, ideally we'd upgrade the bullpen with two dominant arms, then upgrade SS, starting rotation, and finally hitting coach, but if KW needs to work out of order, that's fine with me.

Greg Walker

Juan Uribe

Joe Crede

:notworthy

Bravo! I've come to realize if its a thread started by Shoota its a knee-jerk, reactionary, negative one without any facts or reasoning to support it.

They are amusing to read though!

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
Who says an organization has to fix its problems in order of concern? Yes, ideally we'd upgrade the bullpen with two dominant arms, then upgrade SS, starting rotation, and finally hitting coach, but if KW needs to work out of order, that's fine with me.

And why exactly do we need a new hitting coach? You're seriously not gonna blame Uribe being a retard on Walker, are you?

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 06:31 PM)

Now something is his fault? You do know what our record is right? Seriously, stop these threads.

Greg Walker

Juan Uribe

Joe Crede

Just replace everyone in the organization. Shoota should tell JR to sell the team and then tell the new owner to fire EVERYONE. Including all the vendors and janitors.