Pablo

Damen

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
The man recently failed a drug test.

He's failed as many drug tests as Lance Armstrong, which is to say the only evidence of any failed drug tests have come from disreputable newspapers who have stand to gain circulation by printing erroneous allegations. Until the governing body that oversees these drug tests comes out and says they've failed, I don't believe any of it.

Freddie Garcia has not been difficult in the Sox clubhouse that I have heard anyway, and probably wouldn't be with Ozzie as the manager. I don't read things from Garcia interviews where he refuses to take responsibility for pitching a bad game. The problem in my opinion is he pitches too many poor games, but them so does Garland and Vazquez. Too much nibbling and not enough challenging the hitters and putting them away quick. The only question I would have for Pablo Ozuna is HOW FAST IS YOUR HEATER, DUDE?!

Freddie Garcia has not been difficult in the Sox clubhouse that I have heard anyway, and probably wouldn't be with Ozzie as the manager. I don't read things from Garcia interviews where he refuses to take responsibility for pitching a bad game. The problem in my opinion is he pitches too many poor games, but them so does Garland and Vazquez. Too much nibbling and not enough challenging the hitters and putting them away quick. The only question I would have for Pablo Ozuna is HOW FAST IS YOUR HEATER, DUDE?!

I'll latch onto this thread to voice my opinion concerning Garcia's pitching.

Watching yesterday's pitiful performance against Cleveland, I've already soured on him this year. I don't care if his velocity miraculously returns, or whether he finishes the season strong, I would love nothing more than for him to be traded this offseason.

Is anyone else sickened at the notion of observing both him and Garland in our rotation through 06'? Since it's unlikely any sensible organization accepts Garland's ridiculous contract, we're left dealing Garcia. His contributions to our World Championship team will never be forgotten, obviously. But we can't hold what occured in previous seasons as reassurances that Garcia may return to form.. Now, it's time to move forward. After this year it's time to ignore relationships amongst management and do what's right for our future.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(bmags @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
so people couldn't catch, that with that other thread on pablo...that the point here is that pablo would be as useful to us as a pitcher as he would in CF...

:santa "I'm proud of you!"

Edited by Damen

QUOTE(Damen @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 02:26 AM)
Seeing Garcia throw nothing but garbage yet again, I was wondering, why don't we put Ozuna in his spot in the rotation. He's fast and always tries hard. It would probably help our team chemistry and give us more heart in the rotation, which is why haven't been winning as much.

What do you guys think?

I think I just entered the twilight zone.

QUOTE(henry wiggins @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
I think you're right! I wonder how Freddy's going to take the news that he has to play every day -- or do you think that Ozzie will let him start at first base only every 5th day, consistent with the rotation Freddy's used to?

And once at first base, will Freddy be able to go into the 7th inning or later? Because I don't think he knows what the 8th and 9th innings look like this year, from the field.

I'm just saying.

I think the real question here is if Freddy will be awake for the first inning. Most of the time, he's pretty sleepy in the early going. You can get away with that as a pitcher, but not at first. So I propose that AJ cover first on all grounders hit during the first innning, except the ones hit to Iguchi, who should just run over from his position and take those unassisted.

This approach will have an initially unseen benefit: Tadahito will lead the league in putouts, becoming the first Japanese second baseman to ever do so. Bud Selig will make a special presentation on Opening Day next year, honoring number 15 for a great accomplishment.

I really believe in this plan.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
I think the real question here is if Freddy will be awake for the first inning. Most of the time, he's pretty sleepy in the early going. You can get away with that as a pitcher, but not at first. So I propose that AJ cover first on all grounders hit during the first innning, except the ones hit to Iguchi, who should just run over from his position and take those unassisted.

This approach will have an initially unseen benefit: Tadahito will lead the league in putouts, becoming the first Japanese second baseman to ever do so. Bud Selig will make a special presentation on Opening Day next year, honoring number 15 for a great accomplishment.

Yeah, I read somewhere that Garcia comes in and naps in the clubhouse prior to his starts on days when he pitches.

If you're going to have AJ field a lot of Freddy's plays, in addition to calling the game and playing his own position, then I think you have to propose a percentage of Freddy's salary be given to AJ. And maybe some to Iguchi too.

If that's done, I think this is a plan worthy of consideration by the great minds on the Sox. And I hope that when they adopt it, they give you the credit for coming up with it. :drink

QUOTE(henry wiggins @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
Yeah, I read somewhere that Garcia comes in and naps in the clubhouse prior to his starts on days when he pitches.

If you're going to have AJ field a lot of Freddy's plays, in addition to calling the game and playing his own position, then I think you have to propose a percentage of Freddy's salary be given to AJ. And maybe some to Iguchi too.

If that's done, I think this is a plan worthy of consideration by the great minds on the Sox. And I hope that when they adopt it, they give you the credit for coming up with it. :drink

Oh Wiggins, that's kind, but I see it as a real team approach, just like AJ and Tadahito splitting Freddy's plays at first. Perhaps Freddy can give part of his pre-game nap to those two, as well.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 04:36 AM)

why aren't we managers yet?