The Bottom Of The Order

SoxAce

Well usually I don't post many threads but I just had to give major props to the bottom of the order. It seems they really are starting to produce some offense. (besides the "D") I'm just going to say basically Uribe and Anderson since we are playing NL teams right now and AJ and Crede were already producing offensively.

Brian Anderson's Stats (also at the bottom of my sig line)

Stats last six games hes played:

H-7 ABs-23 (AVG-.304) R-4 HR-1 RBI-4 BB-3 SO-3 OBP-.385

Juan Uribe's stats (He is really getting hot, so expect him to carry this team for a while like DJ said today)

Last five games hes played:

H-8 ABs-22 (AVG-.364) R-6 HR-2 RBI-6 BB-0 SO-2 OBP-.364

Usually I would like to see how this is during a 10 game stretch, then bulid on that, but right now both are basically half-way to ten games and are both looking really good especially because the drop off from the top of the order in Pods and Iguchi (not counting the incredible Pablo Ozuna)

Every player is going to have his struggles, especially during a particular order (3-4-5, 6-7 still haven't quite yet) and it's up to others to kinda carry the team besides the pitching and defense. I don't know if it's the NL that's helping (even though we've only played 2 games now) or if some of these guys are starting to see the ball better, but ever it is... I'm liking the results. Like I said, I'm not going to get carried away cause I got basically six games to back me up, but that's six games of producing that we haven't seen at all this season for the sox.

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

I'm glad Uribe is getting hot. His hot streaks have a way of making me forget his cold streaks, which is surely a great thing.

Uribe is like a tempermental puppie, one day, he'll s*** on your carpet, the next, he's catching frisbees in his mouth and biting that annoying neighbor lady. You're just not sure you want him for 12 more years, but it might be worth it.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
I'm glad Uribe is getting hot. His hot streaks have a way of making me forget his cold streaks, which is surely a great thing.

Uribe is like a tempermental puppie, one day, he'll s*** on your carpet, the next, he's catching frisbees in his mouth and biting that annoying neighbor lady. You're just not sure you want him for 12 more years, but it might be worth it.

Every once in a while he needs to get checked for worms too. :P

A very streaky hitter no doubt. Could hit like .400 in a month and then the next hit like .100. That's one negative that I would like him to at least work at. Try to be semi-consistant in each month. He gets in major hot and major cold streaks.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)

:lol: I like that analogy.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
A very streaky hitter no doubt. Could hit like .400 in a month and then the next hit like .100. That's one negative that I would like him to at least work at. Try to be semi-consistant in each month. He gets in major hot and major cold streaks.

But that's a great hitter, isn't it Victor Martinez?

I noticed Uribe modified his stance a bit to where he is leaning back and putting all weight on his back leg whereas earlier in the season he stood with an even distribution. The only games I see for now are nationally televised ones so I'm not sure when he implemented this but hopefully his recent improvements at the plate are directly related to the tweaking of his stance. It helped him stay back nicely against the low velocity pitch he hit out of the park tonight.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
But that's a great hitter, isn't it Victor Martinez?

Whoa.. don't compare a .293 career hitter to a .258 career hitter ever again. ;) Victor can go hot and cold, but not like Uribe.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 11:17 PM)
I noticed Uribe modified his stance a bit to where he is leaning back and putting all weight on his back leg whereas earlier in the season he stood with an even distribution. The only games I see for now are nationally televised ones so I'm not sure when he implemented this but hopefully his recent improvements at the plate are directly related to the tweaking of his stance. It helped him stay back nicely against the low velocity pitch he hit out of the park tonight.

We were talking about that in the chat earlier on also. I was hoping he would get his leg kick back but if this works for him that's just as good.

One thing that worries me:

Uribe's only walked once since April 28, and that one doesn't really count because 1) it was by that "Triple-A [bleep]" Rich Hill, and 2) he swung at the only pitch in the zone and fouled it off.

He's struck out 24 times during that stretch. Juan's not really the walking type, but a 16-BB pace is pretty rancid.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
A very streaky hitter no doubt. Could hit like .400 in a month and then the next hit like .100. That's one negative that I would like him to at least work at.

He'll get on it, coach.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 11:21 PM)
Whoa.. don't compare a .293 career hitter to a .258 career hitter ever again. ;) Victor can go hot and cold, but not like Uribe.

I wasn't comparing Martinez to Uribe, just pointing out Martinez's bipolar April and May. He was in the .400s in April, and in the .100s in May.

QUOTE(ChiSox35 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 02:16 AM)
I was getting pretty sick of everyone whining about Uribe.

Gotta love that .235 OBP and a s*** load of strikeouts along with NO walks 2 and a half months into the season. The fact that he was making mental mistakes on defense was not helping things either.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)
We were talking about that in the chat earlier on also. I was hoping he would get his leg kick back but if this works for him that's just as good.

It almost looks like he is tapping his front foot,like a timing thing. He is hitting a ton of liners and he even got some hits on breaking balls.

QUOTE(ChiSox35 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 02:16 AM)
I was getting pretty sick of everyone whining about Uribe.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand?

Why shouldnt people complain about him? He has given us nothing to rave about, thats for sure.