Props to Sox Fans re: Cincy

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 09:16 AM)
BS.

I watched all three games in their entirety, every crowd shot they focused in on Sox fans. Saying it was a purposeful effort on their part not to show Sox fans ... please, give it a rest.

I didn't get to see all of the games in their entirity, but I saw TONS of Sox fan shots. It seemed like pretty much every crowd shot between pitches had Sox fans in it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say for parts of every game, LETS GO WHITE SOX was heard throughout the park.

After a while the Reds fans just started to Boo when they realized what was happening.

Garland left to a standing O from Sox fans yesterday, it was almost like a home game.

Best part was after leaving that heart stopper Saturday night. I was in my Sox gear, and all the Sox fans (most random who had never met each other) were cheering and high fiving and heading to the hotel bars and such downtown to hang out and party. What a great time, we really took over downtown. Some great memories for sure, what a time to be a Sox fan.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 10:42 AM)
It was also nice of the good people at the Great American Ballpark to play AC/DC's Thunderstruck at some point in each game to help get the Sox fans going.

I don't think I have ever seen a vendor inside and outside the park (of course I had only been to Wrigley and the Cell before going to Cincy) selling both teams merchandise! I found that very interesting. I would be interested to see which merchandise sold more of.

I was in section 134 sitting next to a lot of Sox fans on Saturday night. Had one Reds fan in 135 trying to get a Sox fan thrown out after AJ got his double. Reds ushers I think are as old as the ones at Wrigley! I think he had to change his Depends after the Sox fan's wife got in the Reds fan's face.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 08:46 AM)
I had a ton of car trouble this weekend, so I didnt make it to Cincy, but let me tell you ..................

KUDOS to SOX fans - ever hit you could HEAR LOUDLY the fans. Every time the cameras followed a foul ball, the camera "accidentally" would catch SOX fans in every camera shot.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - to WGN & partner-in-crime COMCAST, they about did as much as they could to NOT show the huge numbers of SOX Fans in the park, the area, the town. Despite their efforts to NOT gratuitiously show SOX fans on camera, I saw at least 4 of you guys down there!! heh hehe,

pretty funny

:o

please tell me you're not serious.

I've gotten numerous comments from some very casual baseball fans on how many sox fans there were at the game........they figured that out from watching the game.

You really can't be happy with anything huh?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 11:48 PM)
I didn't get to today's game, but while I was in Cincy and at the game and all that, you could see Sox fans EVERYWHERE. Downtown, at the park, on the roads, at the restaurants, making more noise than the Reds fans in the park. Well done Sox Army, and oh yeah good to see the team hitting it's stride, EVERYBODY contributing, and it's starting to feel like 2005 again.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

I listened on XM radio Friday nd Sunday and saw the game on WGN Saturday. It reminded me of the series in Denver last year whne I got to go and see the Sox take on the Rockies. There were more Sox fans in the ballpark those games than Rockie fans and I think the Rockie crowd started rooting for the Sox too.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
I just got back from Cincy and I was absolutely blown away. I could not believe the Sox fans in attendance. The hotels were packed with Sox fans. I was at the games on Saturday and Sunday, the crowds were very pro-Sox. I was in Left Field on Saturday where the Sox fans were extra loud. The come from behind victory made them extra boisteroius. High fives all around. We came, we saw, we conquered. Seeing the Great American Ballpark flooded with Sox fans made me proud.

On a side note, I was very impressed with Cincinnati. This was my fourth time in the city (first for pleasure), and I loved it. The people were very friendly, ballpark is wonderful, the city deserves a winner.

I didn't get a chance to see the only game shown here in Dallas on Saturday, but all the comments on WS fans in Cincy reminds me of Smoltz making fun of all the Boston fans in Atlanta. He was captured on TV after a Boston Home Run saying to the other players on the Bench "Everyone on your feet and cheer on your Boston Red Sox". He had the bench cracking up with that.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 07:02 AM)
I have to say I was at all 3 games and we owned the place all weekend.

I even brought my broom to the park yesterday.

Yep, good times were had and that sweep was awesome :cheers

QUOTE(SnB @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)
:o

please tell me you're not serious.

I've gotten numerous comments from some very casual baseball fans on how many sox fans there were at the game........they figured that out from watching the game.

You really can't be happy with anything huh?

We were loud and thats all that matters :headbang

It was just a fantastic weekend. Sox fans were loud as hell and that park was a lot of fun to be at. Cinci fans were very bitter most of the weekend as they kept trying to call us bandwagon fans on the way out of the park. Awesome series.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
It was just a fantastic weekend. Sox fans were loud as hell and that park was a lot of fun to be at. Cinci fans were very bitter most of the weekend as they kept trying to call us bandwagon fans on the way out of the park. Awesome series.

One of them told me, THE BEARS SUCK.

Funny to hear that from a Bengals fan.

What, they make the playoffs one year and suddenly they're on top of the world?

For a guy who was born near Cincinnati, lived in St. Louis for a while, and grew up in Chicago, I'm really enjoying this interleague play, as well as this year overall. I would KILL to see a White Sox vs. Cardinals World Series. *Knock on wood*

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
I listened on XM radio Friday nd Sunday and saw the game on WGN Saturday. It reminded me of the series in Denver last year whne I got to go and see the Sox take on the Rockies. There were more Sox fans in the ballpark those games than Rockie fans and I think the Rockie crowd started rooting for the Sox too.

I had a couple friends at that series also, and they said exactly the same thing. They said they saw the ENTIRE sox team at a bar afterwards (they were to board their charter next day) and said the SOX players noticed all the fans at Coors Field and they really appreciated it, because if you remember, they had a surprising "start" and were just starting to get noticed by the national media ...........

I was at sundays game. Wow i was impressed by all of us Sox fans who turned out there. I was even more impressed with the class the Reds fans have as well as their ballpark. It was a beautiful ballpark. They kept calling us the defending champs and their fans gave us mad respect, saying how good we are and how scary of a team we are to play. Nothing but class in cinncinnati! I hope they do well the rest of the year. When the game was over, the PA annoucner said thank you "reds and white sox fans for coming out to the ballpark" I thought that was really cool. It seems like the White Sox nation is growing. We need to go out to KC, Wrigley, Cleveland, Detroit, and Minnesota the rest of the year to invade these ballparks as well.

my family and I were there for the weekend also 220 club level met some nice reds fans who just

shook their heads and had some very nice things to say about our club and legions of fans as well

wouldn't have missed it!

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
My question is why cincinatti? Isn't MIN, DET, KC, CLEV closer of a drive from northern IL?

If interleague continues to rotate divisions every 3 years, we will not see Cincinnati again until 2009. That game is likely to be at The Cell based on the rotation of interleague. In all probability, we won't be back there til 2012 at best. Unless, we see them in the World Series. On the other hand, we play those other teams you mentioned enough times to make most fans sick of them. This is the way division/league play is structured, like it or not. The series in Cincinnati was a novelty.

And actually, Cincinnati is closer (5 hours) than Minnesota (8 hours) and (KC 8+ hours)

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
I was even more impressed with the class the Reds fans have as well as their ballpark. It was a beautiful ballpark. They kept calling us the defending champs and their fans gave us mad respect, saying how good we are and how scary of a team we are to play. Nothing but class in cinncinnati! I hope they do well the rest of the year. When the game was over, the PA annoucner said thank you "reds and white sox fans for coming out to the ballpark" I thought that was really cool.

This is the reason that of all the times I have seen on the Sox on the road, Cincinnati has to be my favorite.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

my family and I were there for the weekend also 220 club level met some nice reds fans who just

shook their heads and had some very nice things to say about our club and legions of fans as well

wouldn't have missed it!

They are great baseball fans in Cincinnati. They know the game, they have a great baseball tradition there and they are respectful of the opposition.

Pittsburgh fans are similar but they have a little more edge to them, in general.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are great baseball fans in Cincinnati. They know the game, they have a great baseball tradition there and they are respectful of the opposition.

Pittsburgh fans are similar but they have a little more edge to them, in general.

I heard a lot of them groaning with Griffey struggling, there were some jumping on Dunn's defense and countless wasted at-bats with him striking out along with scrapheaps composing their bullpen.

To me it seem like there were more Sox fans on Saturday, and people that I ran into town were not going to Sunday's game because of Father's day or whatever. I was in the LF lower seats on Sunday, and a couple sections over on the foul side of the poll, there was a very large number of Sox fans. On Saturday night there were about 5 rows of Sox fans in the very back in RF.

I thought their ballpark was ok. It reminded me a lot of Petco park with a gap in then the stadium on the first base side, and the LF double decker. I didn't like how the RF seats are structured, but the concourse area was designed very well (with the exception of those diagonal stairs) with a great view of the river. There were no long lines for concessions.

I didn't hear any Reds fans making any comments about Sox fans, let alone the chant RockRains mentioned earlier.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 08:46 AM)
I had a ton of car trouble this weekend, so I didnt make it to Cincy, but let me tell you ..................

KUDOS to SOX fans - ever hit you could HEAR LOUDLY the fans. Every time the cameras followed a foul ball, the camera "accidentally" would catch SOX fans in every camera shot.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - to WGN & partner-in-crime COMCAST, they about did as much as they could to NOT show the huge numbers of SOX Fans in the park, the area, the town. Despite their efforts to NOT gratuitiously show SOX fans on camera, I saw at least 4 of you guys down there!! heh hehe,

pretty funny

You have to be freaking kidding me. All over the Comcast they were talking about how many fans were down there. You are a miserable person who can not be happy. Why dont you save yourself misery and stop watching baseball all together. I was there and it was amazing. We represented well