It was inevitable... Myspace being sued for $30 mil

southsider2k5

This has to do with money. They could have stopped with the guy that molested the girl, but noooo, the family wants money. And who better to go after than a website that is free and open to anyone that wants to sign up!

Let's not worry about the parents who should be sued for 1) a suit that should never have been brought in the first place and 2) not watching what their own daughter is doing.

Actually, switch 1 and 2 around and that's a little closer to the truth.

"The girl says a 19-year-old man lied in his profile about being a senior on a football team to gain her trust and phone number."

The girl is FOURTEEN! What the Hell is:

1. She doing meeting a high school senior in the first place
  2. Giving her phone number away to a random guy she never met before on the 'net
  3. Her parents doing? They're totally not monitoring the situation of her internet use.
She was hoping to meet an 18 year old football player who wanted to have sex with her and instead got a 19 year old non-football player who wanted to have sex with her. She was hoping for a trophy jock to show off to her friends.

Talk about playing with fire. They're suing MySpace now because the guy lied on his profile. So, if he was the 18 year old football player and still molested her, there's going to be no lawsuit?

Goddamn, the parents in this situation -- "Our daughter is 14 and is a total skank wanting to f*** random older guys she meets on the 'net who are years older than she is. But that isn't worrisome. The person to blame is obvious -- MySpace!" Their denial is insane.

I mean, the guy is still a predator and needs to see some jail time out of this -- but any sane judge has gotta dismiss the lawsuit against MS and tell these parents to not be f***ing idiots going after a deep pocket.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:02 AM)
This has to do with money. They could have stopped with the guy that molested the girl, but noooo, the family wants money. And who better to go after than a website that is free and open to anyone that wants to sign up!

Let's not worry about the parents who should be sued for 1) a suit that should never have been brought in the first place and 2) not watching what their own daughter is doing.

Actually, switch 1 and 2 around and that's a little closer to the truth.

The thing of it is that this girl was at the age where her profile was private to everyone but her friends list. If you are 14 and younger no one can see your profile. So exactly what was this girl doing.

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 08:40 AM)
^^^^^^

people suck.

that's been a recurring theme since time began

Fixed :D

And I bet these people win the suit. This is a great country we live in, and what a wonderful justice system. :ph34r:

Oh, and I hope Gage and/or Heads stalk me on Myspace, that would be quite an honor.

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
i've been stalked, it is indeed an honor... :P

like OMG! with all the members, we should like totally start a soxtalk myspace group... :lol:

Hell yeah, we could talk about which player is the cutest and whether or not one of the players winked at us during the game. Such pressing issues seem to be overlooked around here.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:28 PM)
Hell yeah, we could talk about which player is the cutest and whether or not one of the players winked at us during the game. Such pressing issues seem to be overlooked around here.

show off our player shrines... :D

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:18 PM)
lol, myspace is dumb

facebook is ok for teens though because it atleast has protective measures, and makes people associated with schools only allowed which is good

Facebook is much better. It's a great way to keep up with high school friends from other schools and to just keep in touch with friends that go to your school. I wish they would of kept the high schoolers off though, we saw what that did to Myspace. Leave it for college kids/alumni only. Oh well, at least Facebook doesn't have bulletins. I don't have to worry about my grandmother dying a horrible death if I don't repost the bulletin within the hour. And if I do it within the half hour, I'll kiss the love of my life.

I am on Myspace everyday only because it gets more "action" than Facebook. I'll get a Myspace comment every day where I might get a Facebook message once a week.

Where Facebook really shines is the photo albums and the fact that it's much cleaner and easier to search.