Thread for people who left the game early tonight!

Chisoxrd5

I left early, but not because of the massive beating we were getting. Friend got sick. Although, I'll admit that I didn't put up much of a fight...Javy frustrated the hell out of me tonight.

Won't say I'm proud of it though. Actually, when Gooch hit the slam, my first reaction was amazement, and shortly followed by embarrassment with my early departure.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)
That was almost as bad as when I left the Bears-Browns game early back in 2001

you just gave me the damn chills because i left that game too! I'm still in disbelief i left that game!!!

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
Ahh...so I missed a game filled with rain, fan interference,and a loss in the 13th Inning? I can live with that.

If you pay 15 .. 20 .. whatever you pay .. wouldn't you want to get your moneys worth and watch the WHOLE game? And I'm sure as hell you would have been pissing in your pants when Gooch slamed, that alone I would pay $$ for.

I was watching ESPN from my easy chair and I have to tell you I never gave up hope. It looked bleak, but I told my fanmate (my wife in this case) to remember when the Sox almost beat the Indians after trailing 10-2 in the 9th. The Sox don't give up and I think that's what is helping Sox fever to catch on. If Thome doesn't go 0-6 and Dye get shut out too imagine what we might have done. I can't even say the fact Dye was removed for Gload did us in. Gload gave it his all going for that pop up triple in the 13th. The Astros got a break which we saw several times that game while the Sox line drives were at someone or caught at the wall.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 04:43 AM)
If you pay 15 .. 20 .. whatever you pay .. wouldn't you want to get your moneys worth and watch the WHOLE game? And I'm sure as hell you would have been pissing in your pants when Gooch slamed, that alone I would pay $$ for.

I'd never leave a Sox game early :gosox2:

I told my Dad I didn't want to leave before the 8th inning started, and as we were walking back to my family's place, I could hear the crowd, and then I got really pissed one I saw fireworks.

HOpefully this will convince him for next time because if I was the one driving, we would've witnessed it.

Someone else I know left with one out in the bottom of the 9th because his dad wanted to beat traffic.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)

I did that too and had second row seats in the endzone where all 3 tds happened including the hail mary and mike brown return. BUT I LEARNED MY LESSON! The only gave I've left early since then was a spring training game this year when all the regulars were out...it turns out Pablo hit a walkoff home run.

I was there tonight and refused to leave when my sister and mom were b****ing in the 7th. Best game I've ever been to in person. After Iguchi's home run I was running up and down the stairs and hugging my friend who I met up with there.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
Ahh...so I missed a game filled with rain, fan interference,and a loss in the 13th Inning? I can live with that.

Two outs in the bottom of the ninth and the White Sox hit a grand slam to tie it. 8 runs in the final 3 innings, 7 in the last two all off the bat of one guy. You my friend are in denial.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
And that's putting it mildly.

I have no denial from leaving that Bears-Browns game early, I just drown myself in the sorrows constantly and was actually telling my sisters friend that story today on the way to the game and how we never leave games early no matter what now...I think she gets the point after staying tonight.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I almost always leave early and I have zero problem with it.

I have my reasons (3:30 am wakeup for work during the week, have to leave early when I bring my kid, etc.), and I never feel like I "missed out" on anything.

I enjoy the ballpark experience while I'm there, and I leave when I have to.

I arrive "stupid early", as my friend puts it, so I can watch BP, have some food and chat with whoever comes to the game with me.

I like the fact that so many people stuck around tonight, but chances are I wouldn't have been one of them.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 04:30 AM)

I was at that game and I stayed.......(included I was at the week before against the 49ers)....those 2 games taught me.....NEVER EVER LEAVE.......its alright if you left tonight....even before the game I chalked us up for a loss....we were due......but that was the most exciting and most satisfying loss I have ever seen.......and the one thing I love is that it was on national TV....

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
I know I'm in the minority here, but I almost always leave early and I have zero problem with it.

I have my reasons (3:30 am wakeup for work during the week, have to leave early when I bring my kid, etc.), and I never feel like I "missed out" on anything.

I enjoy the ballpark experience while I'm there, and I leave when I have to.

I arrive "stupid early", as my friend puts it, so I can watch BP, have some food and chat with whoever comes to the game with me.

I like the fact that so many people stuck around tonight, but chances are I wouldn't have been one of them.

Sounds like my situation. I do what I can to stay the entire game, but if it is during the week, I really do need to leave by 10 as I generally have to drop someone off (mom, brother, etc) and need to be up by 5 (at the latest for work). Heck the only reason I am at home now is because I have an orthodontist appointment in about an hr. Joy! :rolly

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:48 PM)
Didn't we have a thread already about this? NEVER count out this team. Don't be an idiot. The fans who stayed=class/loyal.

And I believe in that thread is was proven that dolts that make the kinds of comments above deserve a nice kick in the balls.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:48 PM)
Didn't we have a thread already about this? NEVER count out this team. Don't be an idiot. The fans who stayed=class/loyal.

Oh come on, people who leave early from a game are classless and not loyal, please.

So what if people left the game early. For the love of God, Ozzie gave up on the game. He took Crede and Dye out. I wasn't there but I'm sure many who left have bought season tickets for longer than some of their critics have been alive. Buying tickets when the team sucked. That's loyalty to me.