Xbox 360

SnB

Now that all the hype is long gone, how is it? (for the ones that own the system)

Now that i've got some money in my pocket, I think i'm going to invest in one of these things, just look at the videos for NCAA football.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nca...utoplay=6153100

Just wanted to get some of your thoughts on the system.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to wait on it until they fix all of the mechanical problems, then maybe pick it up. There really aren't too many good games out for it yet(but their coming), and the price is still way to steep. I figure I'll buy it after the AAA titles actually start to come out.

EDIT: Those NCAA videos looks terrible for the hardware their running on....

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

I got it a couple weeks ago. I'm loving it. The Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter game is awesome. I have played the single player and co-op, online with friends. Also, Call to Duty 2 is great fun as well.

But people are right, not a lot of games out yet.

I picked up my 360 at launch and have been very satisfied with it. I'll usually play it daily (if I have the free time). I do have to admit that my first one did go out on me, but again that was a launch system and my friend accidentally knocking it off my desk didn't help it. The second one so far has been very solid with zero problems. So, if you're planning to pick one up, this would probably be the best time for it. Most of the bugs and problems should be worked out by now.

I've also got to agree with Buehrle>Wood here, NCAA Football isn't quite up to par with the graphics the system is capable of. That's not to say it will be a bad game, however. NCAA Basketball (when compared to NBA 2k6 or NBA Live 2006) looked absolutely horrible, but was still a decent game. There has also been a bit of a drought with game releases lately, but with you buying the system now you'll have a lot to play. Of course it all depends on your taste in games, but Project Gotham Racing 3 is pretty good, along with; Oblivion, Fight Night Round 3, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Hitman: Blood Money, Table Tennis (as DBAHO said), Moto GP 2006, Dead or Alive 4, Call of Duty 2 and Kameo (yes, I know.. looks like a kiddy game, but you'll be surprised). You'll also find a lot of solid games on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

QUOTE(SmokeandMirrors @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 08:04 AM)
I picked up my 360 at launch and have been very satisfied with it. I'll usually play it daily (if I have the free time). I do have to admit that my first one did go out on me, but again that was a launch system and my friend accidentally knocking it off my desk didn't help it. The second one so far has been very solid with zero problems. So, if you're planning to pick one up, this would probably be the best time for it. Most of the bugs and problems should be worked out by now.

I've also got to agree with Buehrle>Wood here, NCAA Football isn't quite up to par with the graphics the system is capable of. That's not to say it will be a bad game, however. NCAA Basketball (when compared to NBA 2k6 or NBA Live 2006) looked absolutely horrible, but was still a decent game. There has also been a bit of a drought with game releases lately, but with you buying the system now you'll have a lot to play. Of course it all depends on your taste in games, but Project Gotham Racing 3 is pretty good, along with; Oblivion, Fight Night Round 3, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Hitman: Blood Money, Table Tennis (as DBAHO said), Moto GP 2006, Dead or Alive 4, Call of Duty 2 and Kameo (yes, I know.. looks like a kiddy game, but you'll be surprised). You'll also find a lot of solid games on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

I liked Kameo. :ph34r:

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)
You could probably get the Wii AND 360 with a couple of games each for the price of the ps3 by the time it comes out...

True but I also believe were waiting till the 360, wii, etc.. has more games out instead of like 5-10 right now.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
But the PS3 is a BluRay player which costs $1,000.00 alone. Want proof? Check the sales ad from bestbuy this past week and it's there. Samsung I think is the model.

Yep, nothing like being force-fed extremely expensive technology that does nothing for the gameplay because sony is more interested in the bluray vs. hddvd war...$600 dollars is just way too much for a video game system...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)
Yep, nothing like being force-fed extremely expensive technology that does nothing for the gameplay because sony is more interested in the bluray vs. hddvd war...$600 dollars is just way too much for a video game system...

As $1,000 is way too much for a movie watching station. I'll take my $40 DVD player.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
As $1,000 is way too much for a movie watching station. I'll take my $40 DVD player.

Agreed completely...mine was even less than that and it's all I need to watch my bootlegs...nothing like watching a $4, slightly dark and fuzzy copy of Nacho Libre in the comfort of your own home. :D

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
I'm gonna wait until next year when the prices is cheaper, and when GTA IV and Metal Gear Solid 4 are both out.

Table Tennis by Rockstar looks like a fun game to own though.

To the best of my knowledge those are both PS3 only, at least as of right now...

I am not a big shoot em up gamer (all i really play is madden) but i got a 360 got xmas and Ghost Recon advanced war fighter is worth the price of the whole system.

The game is so much fun and great looking. I have had zero problems with my 360 as well.

i have been a ps2 guy up until i got it and I love it.

Highly recommended.

Well, I am a big fan of XBOX and the now the 360...but am certainly open to the option of buying the PS3...but this does not sound like a good thing...

Multiplatform Game Cancelled for PS3 Due to Dev Costs *UPDATE*

By: César A. Berardini - "Cesar"

Jun. 29th, 2006 8:03 am

PS3Land reported yesterday that Greek developer track7games has dediced to cancel the PlayStation 3 version of Theseis due to the high development costs associated with Sony’s platform.

Track7 Games has contacted PS3Land to inform us that Theseis for PlayStation 3 has been cancelled.

The developer blames the problem on the exceptionally high cost of developing for PS3.

For now, the game will only be released on Xbox 360 and PC.

"If Sony were to offer us assistance in producing a PS3 version we would be more than happy to oblige!" said Vicky Valanos, Managing Director.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
Well, I am a big fan of XBOX and the now the 360...but am certainly open to the option of buying the PS3...but this does not sound like a good thing...

Yep, it's been a knock with ps3 with other developers too...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)
gta won't be exclusive.

That's true, but I'd imagine that it'd be like on the last generation where it came out on the Playstation 2 like a full year before it came out on the Xbox. That's an awful long wait...