Official Soccer Thread

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad debut in Europe for the year for Celtic. Losing 3-2 to Manu at Old Trafford. One of the goals was the typical Manu penalty that they get at home just about once a game. Nakamura and Van Hesslink looked good. Manu will probably win the group, we just need them to beat up on the rest and take care of our own matches.

Work sucks. I only got to see thee first 10 minutes of the Portsmouth/Charlton match and got a quick glimps of the Villa/Watford match.

But, I have my day set tomorrow. When I wake up, it's Man United/Arsenal, then the Bears/Lions, then Racing Santander/Barcelona.

Can't wait to see Zigic's Racing debut.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
You have your opinions. THe way Cesc embarrased "that wanker" Christain Ronald was magic.

You don't think Messi will be better than Fabregas?

Ronaldinho I can understand because he'll be a bit older, but Messi is a beast.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
You don't think Messi will be better than Fabregas?

Ronaldinho I can understand because he'll be a bit older, but Messi is a beast.

and cesc is as fast as lightning, and has moves galore. They are two different types of players, both equally skilled.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 08:56 AM)
Where do you get to see the Barca games?

I have DirecTV and ordered Setanta Sports. I have 4 channels that are soccer 24/7. Fox Soccer Channel, Gol TV, Setanta Sports, and Setanta Spanish. Good stuff. Gol TV is the best of the bunch.

• 5 months later...

BUMP.

Arsenal got absolutely PUMPED tonight. Peter Crouch the "Anorexic Matchstick" scored a few, as the Gunners went down 4-1.

Oh and West Ham are going to win 2 in a row, and might just have a chance of avoiding relegation.

Oh and Carlos Tevez has adjusted to the EPL, and he's a damn good player. Damn good. :D

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 10:09 AM)
BUMP.

Arsenal got absolutely PUMPED tonight. Peter Crouch the "Anorexic Matchstick" scored a few, as the Gunners went down 4-1.

Oh and West Ham are going to win 2 in a row, and might just have a chance of avoiding relegation.

Oh and Carlos Tevez has adjusted to the EPL, and he's a damn good player. Damn good. :D

Sorry, don't think so.

Chelsea/Valencia a 1:1 draw and Man United downed 2:1 against Roma in today's Champions League matchups.

Racing Santander close to getting a UEFA spot in La Liga...Zigic with the hat trick against Bilbao last weekend.