Official Soccer Thread

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 08:09 AM)
BUMP.

Arsenal got absolutely PUMPED tonight. Peter Crouch the "Anorexic Matchstick" scored a few, as the Gunners went down 4-1.

Oh and West Ham are going to win 2 in a row, and might just have a chance of avoiding relegation.

Oh and Carlos Tevez has adjusted to the EPL, and he's a damn good player. Damn good. :D

The gunners have been struggling as of late. Crouch had a sick game though (hatrick).

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 09:21 AM)
The gunners have been struggling as of late. Crouch had a sick game though (hatrick).

Big game this weekend b/w Arsenal and West Ham Gage. It's on at midnight Sat Night for me, so I can't wait.

I actually think we're in with a decent chance, if recent form is anything to go by.

We need Noble and Reo - Coker to break even in the middle against Fabregas and co., and hopefully Tevez gets a chance or 2 to work his magic on the ball.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:37 AM)
Big game this weekend b/w Arsenal and West Ham Gage. It's on at midnight Sat Night for me, so I can't wait.

I actually think we're in with a decent chance, if recent form is anything to go by.

We need Noble and Reo - Coker to break even in the middle against Fabregas and co., and hopefully Tevez gets a chance or 2 to work his magic on the ball.

The Gunners will win by 2 or more goals...BOOK IT. Arsenal is getting new ownership as well apprently.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 06:18 AM)
The Gunners will win by 2 or more goals...BOOK IT. Arsenal is getting new ownership as well apprently.

Well Jason you need 3 goals now to heed your prediction. :D

EDIT: Win of the season. Robert Green I commend you.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 03:12 AM)
For all you Hammers fans, West Ham wins a big one against Arsenal today

The relegation race is going to be great to watch. We play away at Sheffield United next week in a 6 point game.

Also Man Utd lost to Portsmouth, so Chelsea are only 3 points behind now, and they play Man Utd at Stamford Bridge still.

One of the better EPL seasons in recent years.

So a good week of a action in the Champions League. 3 English Teams in the Final 4, could be a sign of things in the future I think.

Also tonight, about 6 games on in the EPL, Arsenal play Bolton at Emirates in the battle for 4th, we take on Sheffield United in what will be a dogfight, and the FA Cup semi finals are on b/w Man Utd vs. Watford and Chelsea vs. Blackburn.

Man Utd up 1:0 early on 'Brough. Their defense is swarming and the runs that they make are spectacular. Not good for Chelsea if Man gets 3 pts today.

And an incredible loss by Bolton against Reading. 3 goals in the last 10 minutes to lose 1:3. Ugh.

Terrible decision by Sir Alex to keep Ferdinand in until halftime while injured. 99.9% of the time, Rio moves over and clears that cross 50 rows up. He was put in a bad position and Boro took advantage. Tough point for ManU. Chelsea comes to within 1 point if they get the win vs Newcastle.

champions.jpg

Hail Hail the Celts are Here!!!! The Bhoys won the SPL, hopefully will win the Scottish cup and had a pretty good champions league run. A double I can take, a treble would of been sweet. Another great season for Hoops football.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 10:09 AM)
Oh and West Ham are going to win 2 in a row, and might just have a chance of avoiding relegation.

Looks like I could be wrong about this. 2 to play, and the Hammers are even with Wigan and moving in the right direction.

Spurs look to have a shot at the top six as well after handling Boro yesterday -- even with Pompey with a game in hand.

Liverpool and Chelsea in extra time after the Reds won the 2nd leg 1-0. And apparently there is a dumb, nonsensical UEFA rule that if they both score in extra time Chelsea goes through on away goals. Well yeah, they scored more away because they had more time. :bang

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 11:11 PM)
Looks like I could be wrong about this. 2 to play, and the Hammers are even with Wigan and moving in the right direction.

Spurs look to have a shot at the top six as well after handling Boro yesterday -- even with Pompey with a game in hand.

We are staying up, we are staying up. :D

All comes down to Wigan vs. Sheffield United next week at Bramall Lane in Sheffield. Hopefully Warnock doesn't field a weakened team in light of the Tevez penalties.

And oh yes, Carlos Tevez is good, REAL GOOD. :headbang

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ May 8, 2007 -> 06:51 AM)
Tevez rules-but West Ham is really a pretty good team. They waited a bit too long to get Tevez really comfortable & involved. Blow Those Bubbles

I'll be blowing bubbles has gotta be one of the best songs in soccer easily.

I like Spurs' chances of playing in Europe next year. Big win tonight, two left, both at WHL. Rovers and City.

Spurs should definitely make the Euro cup. They've underachieved this year, although Carrick was a big loss.

Darren Bent is probably leaving Charlton now as well, maybe for West Ham as a Tevez replacement?