Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 04:11 AM)
Jimmy Wang Yang needs some gold on him. Best gimmick in Wrestling right now besides Cryme Time (although that really ain't sayin much is it).

I think that when the gimmick cools off with fans, Cryme Tyme's in-ring and on-mic blandness will make them disappear.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 11:49 AM)
Brook-lyn, Brook-lyn!

I've wanted to go to an ROH show when they came to Chicago for awhile now but just haven't. Isn't it pretty much the TNA undercard roster?

No way! Sure they share a few wrestlers, llike Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels, but they've really tried for the last couple years to find guys that weren't going to leave. Besides, where do you think TNA found all of the awesome wrestlers they use? ROH, that's where.

Ring of Honor is more about the sport of professional wrestling, and not as much about the cartoonish crap WWE recycles over and over. They have storylines, but they're more sports-minded, like guys trying to rise in the company by winning championships. Current ROH Champion Bryan Danielson regularly wrestles hour-long matches, and rising ECW star CM Punk had some awesome matches in ROH as well (esp an hour-long draw w/ Samoa Joe in Chicago.) I flew into Chicago in April on Wrestlemania weekend to see two ROH shows that were the best shows I think I have ever seen. They flew in a bunch of guys from Japan that were freaking insane in all the speed of their highspots and holds. That's my Match of the Year so far.

As for TNA, Impact might be taped, but man, it has been better in the last two months than RAW, which is live. I'm really excited this weekend for Samoa Joe/Kurt Angle - which might be better than the Angle/HBK match from last year, and a Barbed Wire Steel Cage match featuring Christian & Rhino for their primetime debut? Awesome.

Last night's Raw was maybe the 5th or 6th I've seen in the last 8 months. But that stuff with DX and the bounty was hilarious. You crapped a masterpiece? That's pure 12 year old comedic gold! Which coincidentally is right down my alley!

Sure, it can't compare to what Raw was 5 years ago, but this is what we got, so I guess I'll make the most of it. Women's matches, I'm sorry, but they could never happen again and I wouldn't be that upset. Roddy Piper needs to never come back as well unless he's strictly doing Piper's Pit segments. Ric Flair needs to stricly be in a managerial role, Crime Time has the look--but I've never seen them wrestle. Big Show needs to drop about 100 pounds right now. He looks horrendous. Viscera needs to never be on television again.

But to talk about the positives, Orton is a bad ass. He's got that look where you just want to punch him in the face. You KNOW he's a dick behind the scenes, and it comes off on screen as well. He could become one of the greatest heels of all time if they use him properly. Unfortunately, I wasn't lying. He truly is a dick head behind the scenes, and that could be his downfall. Edge is still a bad ass. Enough said.

And Mickie James is freakin hot.

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
Last night's Raw was maybe the 5th or 6th I've seen in the last 8 months. But that stuff with DX and the bounty was hilarious. You crapped a masterpiece? That's pure 12 year old comedic gold! Which coincidentally is right down my alley!

Sure, it can't compare to what Raw was 5 years ago, but this is what we got, so I guess I'll make the most of it. Women's matches, I'm sorry, but they could never happen again and I wouldn't be that upset. Roddy Piper needs to never come back as well unless he's strictly doing Piper's Pit segments. Ric Flair needs to stricly be in a managerial role, Crime Time has the look--but I've never seen them wrestle. Big Show needs to drop about 100 pounds right now. He looks horrendous. Viscera needs to never be on television again.

But to talk about the positives, Orton is a bad ass. He's got that look where you just want to punch him in the face. You KNOW he's a dick behind the scenes, and it comes off on screen as well. He could become one of the greatest heels of all time if they use him properly. Unfortunately, I wasn't lying. He truly is a dick head behind the scenes, and that could be his downfall. Edge is still a bad ass. Enough said.

And Mickie James is freakin hot.

Show's just about done. His back is so bad that he is really thinking of being done. He's dropping the strap at December to Dismember most likely.

Cryme Time is entertaining but it's really just polishing a turd -- kinda like Johnny Nitro. I still can't care about the character.

And Viscera has one half of the best line ever on a Raw

(in regards to why they both attacked Lillian Garcia)

Viscera: Oh we can explain.

Haas: But we won't!

It seems to be a statement of WWE creative for the past few years regarding any sort of continuity. And Orton is more along the lines of a bland, rest-hold using heel. And why have Rated rko go against DX for the straps? Aren't those four already over so much that they don't need the belts? Let some of the other tag teams that need that sort of assist of having a belt to get over use them.

/wants the Kings of Wrestling in the E. They already got Claudio!

Old news, but just realized that in the DX/Rated RKO match, all parties involved in that love triangle last year will be in the same ring for the first time in over a year when the story was hot. I heard that Lita and Matt made up a long time ago but I'm sure Hardy still despises Edge.

Anyone ever see that Matt Hardy shoot INterview? Edge seems like a psycho behind the curtain.

What was Jeff's feelings on everything? I remember Matt saying he left messages for Lita and Edge saying he hated them.

Just rambling and trying to get my post count up.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 04:28 PM)
Monty Brown sings with WWE.

Well, they found an interesting gimmick for him, anyway....

:D

I hope they give him a new finisher, though - that "pounce" looks like he's bumping into someone at the store or something. Lame and weak.

EDITED to remind everyone that tonight is the first PRYYYME TYYYYME episode of TNA iMPACT!

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
Well, they found an interesting gimmick for him, anyway....

:D

I hope they give him a new finisher, though - that "pounce" looks like he's bumping into someone at the store or something. Lame and weak.

EDITED to remind everyone that tonight is the first PRYYYME TYYYYME episode of TNA iMPACT!

I really do not like TNA, but ill prolly check out the show tonight.. what time does that start 8 or 9?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
to remind everyone that tonight is the first PRYYYME TYYYYME episode of TNA iMPACT!

i did in fact watch my first ever episode of iMPACT! tonight, mostly because of the cage match and angle's debut...i was impressed by the product...not completely sold, but it was also good to see a few of the old faces...also interesting to see where this angle goes against DX

It took me awhile to get used to the 6 sides. The storylines are weak right now, but they have good matches. At least 1 or 2 on every Impact. Would like to see PPVs go to different locations.

I pull for TNA to get big so WWE has competition and creates interest like the late 90s.

I was pretty impressed with the debut prime time iMPACT! last night.

The Rhino/Cage match was fairly brutal, the setup for Cage/Styles was effective enough, if a bit contrived, and Angle always puts on a good show. Abyss was even pretty good, and I always like James Mitchell.

Even the Old Age Outlaws cut a halfway decent promo, although that new name is brutal.

VOODOO KIN MAFIA???? What did they do, throw darts at words that started with V, K and M?

Why not Violent Kitten Molesters? Virgin Kahlua Mudslides? Velvet KISS Mousepads? Viking Kite Makers?

The LAX flag burning crap was useless, as was Kevin Nash. (No surprise about Nash being useless, that's the last 6-8 years for him)

Overall, a good show, and a decent buildup for the Sunday PPV.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 06:17 PM)
I was pretty impressed with the debut prime time iMPACT! last night.

The Rhino/Cage match was fairly brutal, the setup for Cage/Styles was effective enough, if a bit contrived, and Angle always puts on a good show. Abyss was even pretty good, and I always like James Mitchell.

Even the Old Age Outlaws cut a halfway decent promo, although that new name is brutal.

VOODOO KIN MAFIA???? What did they do, throw darts at words that started with V, K and M?

Why not Violent Kitten Molesters? Virgin Kahlua Mudslides? Velvet KISS Mousepads? Viking Kite Makers?

The LAX flag burning crap was useless, as was Kevin Nash. (No surprise about Nash being useless, that's the last 6-8 years for him)

Overall, a good show, and a decent buildup for the Sunday PPV.

Come on Critic, VKM = Vincent Kennedy McMahon. IT'S A SHOOT~!

Nash is awesome, I don't want to see him work, but I find him funny.

LAX is the hottest act in wrestling bar none.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
It took me awhile to get used to the 6 sides. The storylines are weak right now, but they have good matches. At least 1 or 2 on every Impact. Would like to see PPVs go to different locations.

I pull for TNA to get big so WWE has competition and creates interest like the late 90s.

For TNA to become big, they need to create interest in their own product. In addition to getting themselves out more.

They've got the hardcore internet audience, but that's it.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
I think the presence of Nash in TNA is a positive. His promos are great still. Guess it is an aquired taste. I would love for him to be one of the announcers on Raw instead of Lawler someday.

Nash is great on the mic, but he wouldn't be a good announcer in the true since.

He uses a lot of inside jokes and terms that most of the audience wouldn't get, and he's out to put himself over.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
Come on Critic, VKM = Vincent Kennedy McMahon. IT'S A SHOOT~!

Nash is awesome, I don't want to see him work, but I find him funny.

LAX is the hottest act in wrestling bar none.

For TNA to become big, they need to create interest in their own product. In addition to getting themselves out more.

They've got the hardcore internet audience, but that's it.

C'mon, Show, I know why they chose the acronym, I'm just saying that they chose a LOUSY acronym.

Hell, even "Violent Killing Machines" would have been a better name.

I can see why Brian Armstrong would use HHH and HBK's real names, but his sidekick, good ol' Monty Sopp, might want to avoid shooting on peoples' real names.

I don't find Nash funny or entertaining in any way - his act was tired by 2000.

I enjoy LAX, the Border Toss is my current favorite move, but that skit didn't help them in any way.

And I am not buying that slob with the tit-high workout shorts being a "killer", either.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 06:29 PM)
C'mon, Show, I know why they chose the acronym, I'm just saying that they chose a LOUSY acronym.

Hell, even "Violent Killing Machines" would have been a better name.

I can see why Brian Armstrong would use HHH and HBK's real names, but his sidekick, good ol' Monty Sopp, might want to avoid shooting on peoples' real names.

I don't find Nash funny or entertaining in any way - his act was tired by 2000.

I enjoy LAX, the Border Toss is my current favorite move, but that skit didn't help them in any way.

And I am not buying that slob with the tit-high workout shorts being a "killer", either.

Eh, don't care about the VKM name. The angle is lame because there's no pay off.

Well, agree to disagree on Nash I suppose.

LAX needs to be over as true heels, they're the cool heels now. It's cheap heat I agree.

Jesus, that's brutal.

Never liked NAO, James Gang, or whatever they were called or were. Billy Gunn got chance after chance to succeed as a singles guy and failed everytime, yet he is still bitter. Roadie gave good promos but his matches were always lackluster, not too mention he let himself go physically.