Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 11:00 PM)
Joey Mercury was released today.

MN.....no M.

And after he sacrificed his face for the business!!!

Remember how it was said that MNM was initially split up to benefit Mercury and discipline Nitro? Yeah, that didn't work out too great.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)
Remember how it was said that MNM was initially split up to benefit Mercury and discipline Nitro? Yeah, that didn't work out too great.

Was that how it went down?

If so, it's weird that they give their main drawing card, Melina, to Nitro instead of Mercury.

I thought it was Mercury who got punished in the split.

As it turns out, it appears that Nitro is much closer to having "it" than Mercury is. Nitro has a better look, seems to work a little better, and draws more heat than Mercury. (Granted, that's not saying all that much....)

Edited by The Critic

They split MNM back in the day because Mercury was having wellness issue problems. He was in rehab for a long time before coming back. I think that got him in the doghouse.

I don't think pushing Mercury as a singles was ever in the plans.

The guy has definitely had some bad luck in the E though.

Went to RAW last night, wasn't a bad show at all. Best part was marking out for Mr. Kennedy of course, that and seeing Cena recieve sweet chin music which in my opinion got the loudest pop of the night. Next to punk's entrance and JR's hall of fame announcement

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
They split MNM back in the day because Mercury was having wellness issue problems. He was in rehab for a long time before coming back. I think that got him in the doghouse.

I don't think pushing Mercury as a singles was ever in the plans.

The guy has definitely had some bad luck in the E though.

I believe he had family issues, not wellness issues. They were also split because Melina had a thing going with Batista backstage and as Big Dave is married, they wanted to nip that in the bud. The move to RAW was for disciplinary reasons.

Supposedly Mercury came to the show last night loaded and stumbling all around. I's too bad - they're definitely my fav tag team right now - Joey needs to get his act together. Poor Nitro now is screwed out of Mania and he deserves to be there.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
I know I am biased here, but I can't believe nobody's responded to this ^

I didnt want to say "Yeah, I figured you would like that"

I know your man-crush on Hennig. Its well deserved. Although I was hoping for an intro by Bret Hart, they were best friends after all

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
I didnt want to say "Yeah, I figured you would like that"

I know your man-crush on Hennig. Its well deserved. Although I was hoping for an intro by Bret Hart, they were best friends after all

I thought it might have been Hart, but that was only a long shot with how much Bret hates the WWE. It was probably all he could do to just show up last year.

With the lack of a big name to induct, I think this year would of been great to induct Hennig AND Rick Rude.

Jerry Lawler getting in is a joke. The guy owned his own promotion, gave himself the belt over 30 times, and the only entertaining thing he ever did was the Andy Kaufman thing. Not to mention he is a horrible announcer.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 09:46 PM)
With the lack of a big name to induct, I think this year would of been great to induct Hennig AND Rick Rude.

Jerry Lawler getting in is a joke. The guy owned his own promotion, gave himself the belt over 30 times, and the only entertaining thing he ever did was the Andy Kaufman thing. Not to mention he is a horrible announcer.

I think they're trying to limit the number of dead wrestlers per year to one.

Anyone think Big Bossman will get in?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
I think they're trying to limit the number of dead wrestlers per year to one.

Anyone think Big Bossman will get in?

Nah, I think it kind of taints the whole thing by allowing so many people to get in every year also. I would hold it to 3 or 4.

Next year HAS to have Randy Savage and Rick Rude. I don't care what bridges are burned with Savage and Vince, he must get in.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 10:10 PM)
Nah, I think it kind of taints the whole thing by allowing so many people to get in every year also. I would hold it to 3 or 4.

Next year HAS to have Randy Savage and Rick Rude. I don't care what bridges are burned with Savage and Vince, he must get in.

I didn't mean Bossman this year, just ever.

I used to love, and I mean absolutly love wresting. That was originally during the 80's, as a young lad, and then my love for wrestling was resurrected in the late 90's with the advent of the nWo and the Rock/Austin era of the WWF. In comparison, wrestling flat out sucks now, at least IMO. The wrestlers barely believe the crap they are saying, it's hardly funny other than a chuckle here and there moment from time to time and the skits just arent what they used to be.

The Rock's weekly skits toward the end of the 90's/early 00's made me LAUGH. Look at the skits the nWo used to do on the 4 Horsemen...those made me cry laughing. The crap they try to do now is kinda like...wow...did they really just do that? One of the few people who can still make me laugh is McMahon himself, and he's not even a roster wrestler.

They simply have no great ideas to run with in comparison to just 5 or 10 years ago. The writing team the WWE and TNA uses aren't very good...or what they need to do is what Bischoff did to originally kick the war into high gear and travel around and get some ideas for the "next big thing", and I'm not talking Brock Lesnar here. As it stands, I'd take late 90's/early 00's over what we currently have...it'd actually make me care again.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 09:29 AM)
It would be cool for people to post their top 15 or so favorite wrestlers of all time.

off the top of my head in no particular order...

1. Ric Flair

2. Mick Foley

3. The Sandman

4. Rowdy Roddy

5. Mr. Perfect

6. RVD

7. Hayabusa

8. Mr. Pogo

9. Hulk Hogan

10. Macho Man

11. Raven

12. Jake the Snake

13. Andre The Giant

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 09:29 AM)
It would be cool for people to post their top 15 or so favorite wrestlers of all time.

In no particular order and real fast without a ton of reflection...

Piper, Warrior (I marked hard as a little kid), Hogan (again as a young mark), Sabu, The Franchise in ECW, Rick Rude, American Dragon Bryan Danielson, Taker, Mr. Fuji, Honky Tonk Man, Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Mr. Perfect, Bam Bam Bigelow in his ECW tenure (pretty much the whole Triple Threat), Lance Storm as a good mat wrestler and in ring talent.

More current is JBL and Mr. Kennedy. I can't get enough of those guys. They seem to have 'it' with their character. While Kennedy still needs some more polishing, you can tell that he'll likely be great.

1. "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan

2. "Macho Man" Randy Savage

3. "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

4. Kevin Nash

5. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

6. The Rock

7. Bret "Hitman" Hart

8. "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels

8. Scott Hall

9. Sting

10. Andre The Giant

OK, I actually spent a decent amount of time in class today forming my list (yep, it's sad). My list consists of mainly WWF wrestlers, with a few guys who spent some time in either WCW or ECW. Nobody really from the 80's because I was too young then to appreciate it. Most of these guys are good technical wrestlers with good charisma, but there are certainly a few that make you want to scratch your head. Everybody has a few odd favorites.

My top 15, in no particular order:

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig

Owen Hart

Bret Hart

Big Bossman

Kurt Angle

Fit Finlay

Tatanka

"Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase (and Money, Inc. as a whole)

"El Matador" Tito Santana

Bam Bam Bigelow

HBK (the Rockers as a whole)

Ric Flair

Eddie Guerrero

The Rock

My list ended up being around 30 guys, so here's the 15 that didn't make the cut: Steven/William Regal, Kane, British Bulldog, New Age Outlaws, Goldust, JBL (also the Acolytes), Booker T, Big Show, Mountie, Ken Shamrock, Godfather, Cactus Jack, Chris Jericho, Undertaker, and Macho Man

I was surprised that only 6 of them in total are dead. Only 10 are still active.

Here are mine - get ready for the Old Man List!

:D

(I counted tag teams as one slot if I liked the team better than the solo careers of the members of the team)

1. Dick The Bruiser

2. Nick Bockwinkel

3. The East/West Connection (Jesse Ventura & Adrian Adonis)

4. Arn Anderson

5. Mick Foley

6. The Road Warriors

7. Rick Rude

8. Billy Robinson

9. Steve Austin

10. Owen Hart

11. Chris Jericho

12. Ric Flair

13. Curt Hennig

14. Randy Savage

15. Eddie Guerrero