Chris Benoit

Ric Flair

Randy Savage

Ricky Steamboat

Chris Jericho

Christian

HBK

Sting

Billy Kidman (Props just for getting Tori!)

Steve Austin

Kurt Angle

Jake Roberts

Kevin Nash

Eddie Guerrero

Steve McMichael

Bobby Heenan (though not so much for his wrestling)

Edited by juddling

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(juddling @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
Bobby Heenan (though not so much for his wrestling)

Heenan almost made my list as a wrestler.

In his day he was a vastly under-rated wrestler.

Very athletic and the classic "sneaky heel".

IMHO, Ric Flair's early style was reminiscent of Heenan's. Heenan always did that corner flip Flair loves so much, and Bobby was "the dirtiest player in the game" before the term was coined.

If there was a cruiserweight division when Heenan was active, he'd have thrived much more as a wrestler.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 12:46 AM)
Heenan almost made my list as a wrestler.

In his day he was a vastly under-rated wrestler.

Very athletic and the classic "sneaky heel".

IMHO, Ric Flair's early style was reminiscent of Heenan's. Heenan always did that corner flip Flair loves so much, and Bobby was "the dirtiest player in the game" before the term was coined.

If there was a cruiserweight division when Heenan was active, he'd have thrived much more as a wrestler.

Don't mean this the way it might sound but i haven't seen a lot of Heenan wrestling (a bit before my time) but i have seen a few matches.

Edited by juddling

HBK, Savage, Flair, Steamboat, Rick Rude, Hennig, The Steiner Brother back in the early to mid 90s, Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, Scott Hall, Tito Santana, Undertaker, Hayabusa, Liger, Pillman, Austin

QUOTE(juddling @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 08:16 PM)
Don't mean this the way it might sound but i haven't seen a lot of Heenan wrestling (a bit before my time) but i have seen a few matches.

No offense taken - most of the people on the board are probably too young to have seen Heenan in his prime.

When Heenan was primarily a wrestler (as Pretty Boy Bobby Heenan), there was almost no high-flying in wrestling. (Greg Gagne and Jim Brunzell were called The High Flyers, and their only real "flying" moves were dropkicks and leg-scissor takedowns) Plus, throwing someone over the top rope was cause for a DQ in those days.

So when Heenan would get thrown all around the ring, it was something that didn't happen all that often and was more interesting to me than the mat wrestling that ruled the day. Plus, Heenan played that sneaky/cowardly/arrogant heel role to perfection.

I guess the main reason he didn't make my Top 15 was that he became a manager when I was still fairly young, and I don't have as many specific memories of him as I do of the guys on the Top 15.

Although I suppose I should have included Heenan for being the guy who made me realize wrestling was "fake". I was 6 or 7 and I was watching wrestling on Sunday morning, and Heenan had a match against Spike Huber (Dick The Bruiser's son-in-law). I saw Heenan mouth the word "dropkick" and then Huber dropkicked him. I turned to my Dad (who HATED wrestling, but indulged me) and I said, "DID YOU SEE THAT, DAD??? HE SAID DROPKICK AND SPIKE DROPKICKED HIM!" and my Dad looked up from his newspaper and said "Yeah, no kidding.....it's all fake" and kept reading. I laugh now when I think about how duped I felt.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 12:09 PM)
What the hell, my top 5 managers:

Well, when in rome....

Bobby Heenan

Mr. Fuji

Jim Cornette

Paul Bearer

Sunny

Paul E. Dangerously as an honorable mention

Just noticed my list is pretty similar to Milkman's, oh well.

Edited by MHizzle85

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 01:39 PM)
Well, when in rome....

Bobby Heenan

Mr. Fuji

Jim Cornette

Paul Bearer

Sunny

Paul E. Dangerously as an honorable mention

Just noticed my list is pretty similar to Milkman's, oh well.

Great minds think alike.

With managers, though, it's likely that almost everybody will have the same few. That is, if we're around the same age. I'd be willing to bet the older guys will include some of the likes of Blassie and maybe Albano. Since I'm not old enough to have seen or remember them (I assume you are, too), they didn't make my list.

The top 4 were easy for me (Heenan, Fuji, Bearer, and Cornette). I had to think a while to come up with Hart.

I'd like to add something...

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE PINNED!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 02:16 PM)
Great minds think alike.

With managers, though, it's likely that almost everybody will have the same few. That is, if we're around the same age. I'd be willing to bet the older guys will include some of the likes of Blassie and maybe Albano. Since I'm not old enough to have seen or remember them (I assume you are, too), they didn't make my list.

The top 4 were easy for me (Heenan, Fuji, Bearer, and Cornette). I had to think a while to come up with Hart.

I'd like to add something...

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE PINNED!!!!!!!!

pinned for jabroni viewing pleasure

QUOTE(Shadows @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
Haha oh man, I was looking for this thread earlier and couldn't find it.. Now I see it was pinned, whew, I had thought maybe it was deleted

They don't dare.

P.S. See below for the nest Mr. Money in the Bank.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 01:14 AM)
I am way more excited for the induction tonight than you would believe. I'm gonna get hammered and watch every second in awe. It's gonna be great.

You know milk I was gonna suggest you go and get tickets and see the ceremony. I think they're actually selling them at face value on EBAY unlike last year, when Bret Hart got inducted.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 11:16 AM)
You know milk I was gonna suggest you go and get tickets and see the ceremony. I think they're actually selling them at face value on EBAY unlike last year, when Bret Hart got inducted.

Ha! Oh man, I'd go, but then I'd have to fly out and I'm a poor college kid. It's funny that I actually crossed your mind when you saw it.

It seems everyone on the board knows about my unhealthy obsession. That can't be good.

Briscoes are tag champs again. However, Mark got a concussion from a botched shooting star press to the outside and isn't wrestling in the 3/31 show.

Delirious is his partner against SyDaniels on the 3/31 show.

From 3/30: (SPOILERS)

1) Adam Pearce d. Chris Hero, Matt Sydal, and Colt Cabana in the 4 corner survival match.

2) Erick Stevens d. "Sugar Foot" Alex Payne in a Do or Die match that lasted about five seconds.

3) Masaaki Mochizuki d. Davey Richards via pinfall after a kick to the head. Said to be a good match.

-Bruno Sammartino and Larry Sweeney are having a promo battle. Challenges Bruno to face Hero in an arm wrestling match. Hero and Larry were about to attack Bruno, but Nigel came in for the save. Bruno punched Larry.

4) Jimmy Jacobs & Lacey d. BJ Whitmer & Daizee Haze after an insane Jacobs spear on Daizee. Lacey hit the implant DDT and got the pin.

5) World Tag Team Title Match: Jay & Mark Briscoe d. Naruki Doi & Shingo. Mark botched the shooting star press to the outside and is hurt, taken to the back by paramedics. Jay managed to win the tag titles on his own and ROH has NEW tag team champions!

- Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley are in the ring. Motor City Machine Guns vs Briscoes for the Tag Titles April 28th in Chicago.

**INTERMISSION**

6) YAMATO over Pelle Primeau quickly.

7) Brent Albright d. Nigel McGuinness. Chris Hero interfered in the match.

8) Homicide d. Christopher Daniels with a roll-up. Pearce and Hagadorn attacked Homicide. Cornette returned and sprayed him with mace. THE FEUD MUST CONTINUE. Albright is beating him up too. Colt and Delirious came out for the save.

9) Roderick Strong d. Jack Evans cleanly. Said to be great with many sickening spots.

10) CIMA, Susumu Yokosuka, Dragon Kid, & Ryo Saito d. Delirious, Austin Aries, Rocky Romero, & Claudio Castagnoli when CIMA pinned Delirious.

http://mfile.akamai.com/33767/live/reflect....asx?bkup=35721

It allows you to change the screen size to the wwe.com HOF ceremony.

note: Wow, Don Muraco got chubby.