7 ER (L)

8 R, 6 ER (L)

7 ER (L)

5 ER (W Comeback win)

4 ER (L)

2 ER (W)

10 ER (L)

Anybody notice a trend?

Tonight he went 0-2 with a walk to lower his average to .203.

Last year was a great story for him, but he is seriously hurting the team.

I know some of you scoffed at the idea of acquiring a new back up defensive catcher like Blanco, but can really afford these automatic losses with Widger behind the plate?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
I'll ask them the next time I have to run to Dominick's.

DUDE. Its not Dominicks dammit. They are working the I-55 / Cicero interchange with a bucket of scummy water and a squeege.

:D

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 11:03 PM)
At least he is not drumming the bucket outside of the Cell .......................yet.

No. You'll know he's close though when he's out there selling those knock off tee shirts under the viaduct. When that doesn't work the next step is the bucket.

His replacement is sitting in Charlotte. His name is Chris Stewart. Good defensive catcher (don't let the passed balls fool you.....Haeger has a ton to do with it) and his bat hasn't been too bad the past couple of years.

He's FutureWidge....and I jumped on his bandwagon before anyone else. From what I saw of him in ST, he didn't look out of place.

Here is the very large problem. He plays against lefties for the most part.

Against lefties, he is batting....... .175 So basically he is an auto out.

What Widge does this year, is he gets a good count, then cant get around on the fastball. He can hit the neck high fastball, but anything in the zone he has problems with.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
He can hit the neck high fastball, but anything in the zone he has problems with.

I cant figure that one out for the life of me. How is someones wheelhouse up around his neck?!

:D

I saw this posted on another site. I think I want to vomit.

Breakdown of AJ vs Widge with Buerhle pitching

Total Innings with Widger Catching = 54

Games Started = 8

Games Started vs. Powerful Lineups = 6

Earned Runs = 32

Sox Record = 3-5

Mark Buehrle Record = 1-5

Total Innings with AJ Catching = 69

Games Started = 10

Games Started vs. Powerful Lineups = 2

Games Started = 10

Earned Runs = 23 (10 vs. the Cubs in one game)

Sox Record = 9-1

Mark Buehrle Record = 8-1

Bingo.

I love Widge and all he did for the team last year. He DOES handle a neck high fastball as well as anyone. There's a reason he was playing softball a few years ago though.

With a guy catching a TON like AJ, it's easier to mask over his not so great gamecalling.

As much as i hate to say it, whenever i see that widger is in the lineup i have a feeling that were going to lose. This guy cannot hit and he calls a s*** game behind the plate. It wasn't all widgers fault tonight as crede was the rally killer and it hurt.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 11:34 PM)
As much as i hate to say it, whenever i see that widger is in the lineup i have a feeling that were going to lose. This guy cannot hit and he calls a s*** game behind the plate. It wasn't all widgers fault tonight as crede was the rally killer and it hurt.

I felt the same today when I heard on the radio how the lineup was today. We need a change at our back up catcher. Give Stewart a chance.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 12:55 AM)
He sucks and you're a jerkass.

Fish u nicca.

EDIT: I also find it histerical that you diss the Widge and he is so-called your favorite player on the sox. He is da man. No one can touch him.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 12:56 AM)
Fish u nicca.

EDIT: I also find it histerical that you diss the Widge and he is so-called your favorite player on the sox. He is da man. No one can touch him.

I diss him because he sucks, when have I ever said he's my favorite player? He forces Buehrle to miss his spots and roll his s***ty curveball why the f*** should I like this Widger character?