QUOTE(zenryan @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
lol. I love that guy

but what a dumbass move. way to let your team down

and look at that dive! I know he got hit hard but atleast stumble backwards. that was a WWE type flop

There's no way in hell that was a dive! Anyone would fall like that when hit like that by surprise. And there is no way in hell the Italian player was expecting that.

I'm sorry but that is a flop by Materazzi. I mean, it was a vicious headbutt, but you don't fall like that after a headbutt to the chest. It would be more of a stumble and fall backwards.

But nonetheless, a bonehead play by Zidane. Way to let your country down...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
I'm sorry but that is a flop by Materazzi. I mean, it was a vicious headbutt, but you don't fall like that after a headbutt to the chest. It would be more of a stumble and fall backwards.

But nonetheless, a bonehead play by Zidane. Way to let your country down...

Watch that again and look at the positioning of the two players. Tell me when the Italian player had time to think about flopping. That had everything to do with motion and balance and nothing to do with acting. There is no way he could have know that was coming, so how could he flop? A flop would have to include some measure of pre-mediation. In basketball, you know the guy is driving the lane, you are expecting him to make contact. In this case, I can't see any way he knew Zidane would do what he did.

Edited by Rex Hudler

Has anyone ever seen someone get headbutted in the chest before? I've never seen anything but a headbutt to the head.

Even if it wasn't a flop, how the hell do you react when someone headbutts you in the chest? I would be stunned and confused if I wasn't writhing in pain on the ground.

It may be one of the strangest events in the history of sports.

I am hard pressed to remember a final in any sport where some one did something so bizarre.

Zidane let his emotions get the best of him, but I think that outside of Italy most wont hold it against his career. The odd thing is Zidane was Juventus although Marco Materazzi is Inter Milan.

Supposedly he called Zidane a dirty terrorist, Materazzi denies it on the website.

Edited by Soxbadger

I've also heard the 'dirty terrorist' line. However, i've also heard two other things one being he directed some slurs the way of Henry and Veira's way and the other being a shot at Zidane's trainer and father-like figure who died just before the Cup started.

Talk about a meathead. Oh Boo Hoo someone said something to him, so he just had to react and headbut the guy. What a weak minded wuss. This guy would get eaten alive if he played some american sports where trash talking is part of the game.

So whats the over/under on the amount of time that it would take Zindane to headbut AJ or Rodman.