Cliff Politte DFA'd

Kalapse

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 05:22 PM)
Either he is coming up, or he is part of a trade.

I hope trade.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 05:22 PM)
During the AAA all-star game, he was around 90 mph with his fastball. He's pitched in the majors before, and wasn't impressive.

He was in the AAA all-star game?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 05:21 PM)
What does Farnsworth throw? It'd be nice if he had the gas his brother has.

Kyle has about 2 inches and 50 pounds on his brother and from what I remember Kyle's also got about 6-8 MPH on him.

Thanks for 2005 Cliff! I wish he could have repeated that this season, but his numbers last year were sooo nasty it would be almost impossible to match. Hope you catch on somewhere else and fix whatever it is that you need fixed! Now its time to add a solid reliever.

Thanks for the memories, Cliff. You were a large part of this team's success last season and are a class act. Get that surgery, get healthy, and sign with another team next year. I'd hate to see your career end now.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
He's got a power arm.

command ain't much.

He's Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn. He'll do mop-up duty for now.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)
Thanks for the memories, Cliff. You were a large part of this team's success last season and are a class act. Get that surgery, get healthy, and sign with another team next year. I'd hate to see your career end now.

He's Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn. He'll do mop-up duty for now.

As long as he's not Rick "Wide Thing" White.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
it's Tracey.

nice to see the Sox give him another chance.

He's got a power arm.

command ain't much.

but he can do the long relief thing

His command was pretty good when he was up last time. The only thing he couldnt do was plunk a batter. But his stuff was good, good crisp fastball, nice breaking pitch, and a wierd delivery.

actually Charlotte is in Pawtucket.

he can take a train in 2 1/2 hours.

Interesting, nice catch there.

International League hitters only hit .220 off Tracey this year so he deserves the chance, especially since it's mop up duty.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kyle has about 2 inches and 50 pounds on his brother and from what I remember Kyle's also got about 6-8 MPH on him.

How can these two be brothers if they were born 6 months apart?

Do they have the same dad? (Which could explain why Kyle is such a skirt chaser :D )

Also I think this move puts some of these other underachieving pitchers "on the clock". Today was embarassing, very bad baseball by the Sox and not just their pitching. Poor fundamentals and bad execution. If Guillen and KW are tired of it, and I presume they are, no one can blame them.

I hope he goes on to have an amazing career somewhere in the NL. I have been one of your biggest haters over the year. But not you as a person, you as a player. I never met you, but from what I gather, you are a kickass person. But you sucked on the field.

Good luck. Glad it finally happened.

KW is going to watch this team closely for the next four games.

If they are as bad as the last five games, I have confidence there will be some changes.

Could not agree with you more but I will go a step further, I think they've already identified what they want to do. The trick is getting another team to go along.