Cliff Politte DFA'd

Kalapse

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Cliff Politte at soxfest. He is a great guy. I feel bad for him as a person. I hope he gets the surgery for his arm and gets the bone spurs taken out. You cant blame a guy for doing whatever he could to avoid surgery in his walk year. Good luck to you Cliff and thanks for last year.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 05:08 PM)
As much as I wanted this to happen, it still saddens me. He was so integral to last year's run, and he was a class act while trying to get through this year. It's sad to see him go.

Good luck wherever you go, Cliff.

Could not agree more. Clifford never blaimed anyone else for his struggles and refused to make excuses. I'll never forget his spectacular 2005 campaign and his remarkable standing backflips.

Yep, I'm sure this has been hard on Politte. Thanks for everything last season! It was one of the best middle relief years I've ever seen. I'm sure Mrs. Politte has been looking for real estate in Cincinnati for the last few weeks. I wonder who we'll call up now? My prediction is still Roberto Hernandez via trade on Monday.

Edited by fathom

I was at the game when he first came back from the DL, and he seemed like a great guy (didn't talk to him personally, but he did sign some autographs for people etc.). Shame this happened to him this year.

Well to everyone who said what are they waiting for, you just got your wish. They wanted to make absolutely sure this guy wasn't going to turn it around, pitching him in garbage time only to see if he could improve. There is no manual for this sort of thing, I agree with the way they handled it, let him have the off days during the All Star break like everyone else, give him 1-2 last chances and then make the decision.

There must be a move pending ... otherwise they could've just held onto him for more garbage time scenarios.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 05:19 PM)
If we have to use a minor league pitcher, it will either be Hermanson or Farnsworth. I stand by my source that says he'd be stunned if Tracey plays for a Guillen managed team again.

What does Farnsworth throw? It'd be nice if he had the gas his brother has.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 10:21 PM)
What does Farnsworth throw? It'd be nice if he had the gas his brother has.

During the AAA all-star game, he was around 90 mph with his fastball. He's pitched in the majors before, and wasn't impressive.