AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX LOSER

Buehrle>Wood

We should have done more against Rogers. Man on 2nd, none out, that hurt.

But I will say, Zumaya was just flippin awesome. Just effin awesome. F'n awesome, I tell you. Even his breaking pitches were sick, and he (smartly) pitched well around the guy most likely to hurt him. I honestly can't imagine any lineup in baseball hitting him in those 2 innings.

Still, this series leaves me with a lot of nagging questions.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:09 PM)
Stop being pessimistic, everything is alright. I repeat EVERYTHING is ALRIGHT!

Please, we are all aware that the team is struggling. But at least we are not going to extreme like some here proclaiming the division over.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:09 PM)
Stop being pessimistic, everything is alright. I repeat EVERYTHING is ALRIGHT!

seriously...i am pissed off about this loss, but we played like spiff, on the road, and still had a chance to win each game....it pisses me off, but im not worried yet

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
A Red Sox win today and they tie us.

2-7 in our last 9 games.

More interesting is the teams we've played in this stretch. We're not as good as the best teams in the AL. Hopefully, Kenny can see this, otherwise we're f***ed for the rest of the season. It would require some balls on his and Ozzie's part, and I'm not sure they have them.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
I remember. I Remember the Choke Avis, the 'this team is done' threads. It's July People.

You know what though, i changed my avatar to the choke symbol during that cleveland series, than Crede hit a walk off....

I just put it up today....maybe our good luck will return?

I'm actually optimistic about this Rangers series this wknd. We face Wasdin tomorrow, and he's the type of guy we could hit a few homers against. It will be nice for these guys to have the home crowd behind them. Basically, they have to play well the rest of the way to make the playoffs. There's no way they can play .500 ball the rest of the way, and expect to make the playoffs.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
I don't mean to be naive but I'll say it again: yes, we stink right now, but if we're going to slump, I'd rather have it now and then go on a tear through August/September.

Yeah, it's a setback, but we'll see how much this team really wants it from this point on. They had a chance to make a statement and that statement apparently was: the Tigers are way better than us.

But really, people, the hitting slump? Vasquez's meltdown last night? Stranding all these guys today?

This screams to me "ROUGH PATCH." In other words: TEMPORARY.

How the hell do you know any of this?

I'm tired of people suggesting perhaps this is our only slump. Or those who love to riddle posts with cliches such as, "every team goes through these periods," or "we did it last year and it turned out fine." Listen to me, here: forget about last season. Referencing last years August/September swoon, as if to imply we're going through that point now, is a flimsy set of logic.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
How the hell do you know any of this?

I'm tired of people suggesting perhaps this is our only slump. Or those who love to riddle posts with cliches such as, "every team goes through these periods," or "we did it last year and it turned out fine." Listen to me, here: forget about last season. Referencing last years August/September swoon, as if to imply we're going through that point now, is a flimsy set of logic.

But saying "The Season is over", "We won't make the playoffs"...etc screams of logic?

At least we are going by a history that these players have of coming out of slumps and playing great baseball.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

wow...the first of many meltdowns...and it only took until july 20th

get a clue...5.5 games is nothing with about 68 games left

It means something when the team you are 5.5 games behind is better than you are (including a better manager). THAT is the problem.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
...we are going by a history that these players have of coming out of slumps and playing great baseball.

And a 5 year history of this team playing poorly in the 2nd half of the season.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
Fields to San Diego for Linebrink + spect

Garcia to the Mets for Heilman

McCarthy to the rotation

and suddenly I'm feeling a whole hell of a lot better about this team.

I'll be sickened if we trade Fields for a middle reliever in his contract year.