AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX LOSER

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
I don't have the radio on anymore, what retarded spin is Rongey putting on this loss?

I was more interested in hearing a reporter ask Ozzie why he didn't have his 9 starters in while Leyland did.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
Fields to San Diego for Linebrink + spect

Garcia to the Mets for Heilman

McCarthy to the rotation

and suddenly I'm feeling a whole hell of a lot better about this team.

I would, too. But I'm doubting it happens.

I'm confused what to root for with Garcia. On one hand, if he has a fluke good outing, he'll likely increase his trade value a little, but yet that also makes KW/Ozzie more likely to give him more chances and not trade him.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
how about fields + vazquez/garcia + broadway for abreu and gordon.....ill get to work on my xbox

I'm going off legitimate rumblings and rumors from major publications, not just pulling spiff out of my ass like most trade purposals.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
How the hell do you know any of this?

I'm tired of people suggesting perhaps this is our only slump. Or those who love to riddle posts with cliches such as, "every team goes through these periods," or "we did it last year and it turned out fine." Listen to me, here: forget about last season. Referencing last years August/September swoon, as if to imply we're going through that point now, is a flimsy set of logic.

No more flimsy than people throwing in the towel on 7/20 for frack's sake.

Why is that idea so foreign to you? Cleveland was godawful 1st half last year and you know what happened. We were the best overall until one month last year we slumped. We have not strung together any sizeable streak thus far which means one of two things:

1) We're just not a good team and one that doesn't click

2) We haven't clicked YET so when we do....

So which one do you choose? I'll take two, and until we're mathematically out of it, I'm not joining you on the ledge. And BTW trust me: I have forgotten about last year completely. This is so obviously not 2005.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
He has an option for next season. And he's a setup man.

Good to hear about the option year. I still don't see why the Padres would trade their set-up man, especially with Hoffman slumping. Fields might not be a great player in the majors, but he could be a very valuable part of our team in the next couple of years. He also gives us leverage in the Crede negotiations. I don't think adding Linebrink makes us a lot better.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
I would, too. But I'm doubting it happens.

I'm confused what to root for with Garcia. On one hand, if he has a fluke good outing, he'll likely increase his trade value a little, but yet that also makes KW/Ozzie more likely to give him more chances and not trade him.

how bout fields + vazquez/garcia + broadway for abreu and gordon....

put mccarthy back in the rotation, send gload packing and have podsednik be the designated pinch runner with abreu playing left and leading off.....

i guess that type of deal really only works on xbox

I was more interested in hearing a reporter ask Ozzie why he didn't have his 9 starters in while Leyland did.

You don't need to hear Ozzie's answer. I have them for you:

1. These guys all need playing time.

2. If these guys are on a major league roster, then they are good enough to play.

3. These guys are key contributors and deserve playing time.

4. These guys help us win.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
I'd be sickened if we limp through the remainder of the season, standing pat with this team and holding on to great prospects like Fields.

I don't get it. Why the green? Fields is a great prospect..

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
I'm going off legitimate rumblings and rumors from major publications, not just pulling spiff out of my ass like most trade purposals.

yeah i know, i didnt mean to sound to like yours was unrealistic, just mine...thats why i rewrote my post a few posts down....sorry

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
I don't have the radio on anymore, what retarded spin is Rongey putting on this loss?

Not as apologetic as you may expect.

He admitted the offense fared rather poorly this afternoon. Also implied that if the team continues playing as it currently has been, they won't make the playoffs.

A stark difference from yesterday. Even the callers I've heard have asked legitimate questions. First was about Guillen's lineup, another criticizing Widger.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Detroit is the better team that is why they are 5.5 games up. Lets face it, the Tigers are the 2005 Chicago White Sox. Our team reminds me of the 2005 Boston Red Sox (with a little better pitching). We all know what kind of team has a better chance dont we?

The Tigers are on a roll and were on a nasty slide. This is aweful. 5.5 games back? Wow and dont look now the Twins are right on our asses

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
Good to hear about the option year. I still don't see why the Padres would trade their set-up man, especially with Hoffman slumping. Fields might not be a great player in the majors, but he could be a very valuable part of our team in the next couple of years. He also gives us leverage in the Crede negotiations. I don't think adding Linebrink makes us a lot better.

Linebrink makes us much better because it eliminates Garcia and gets the superior pitcher in there every 5 days in McCarthy. Of course this will NEVER happen.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
Not to be a contrarian here but don't you usually bench some of your A guys when a day game follows a night game?

yeah, but its just so frustrating to see widger facing virtually every lefthanded pitcher we face

Not to be a contrarian here but don't you usually bench some of your A guys when a day game follows a night game?

Not in a game as important as this one, just ask a real manager like Jim Leyland.

Usually you dont do that when the team you are chasing is the team you are playing. Leyland didnt use his bench. But hey we can rest our team. We will be the most rested team in Spring Training next year. Maybe Freddy can be throwing 88 mph by then.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)
Is he even a top 50 MLB prospect? No. He shouldn't be untouchable. This team CAN win the WS this year. If we can upgrade the team by trading him, then we should.

What does any of this have to do with him being a great prospect or not? He is a great prospect.

No, he wasn't on any top 50 MLB prospect list before this year. What's your point?

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:10 PM)
We should have done more against Rogers. Man on 2nd, none out, that hurt.

But I will say, Zumaya was just flippin awesome. Just effin awesome. F'n awesome, I tell you. Even his breaking pitches were sick, and he (smartly) pitched well around the guy most likely to hurt him. I honestly can't imagine any lineup in baseball hitting him in those 2 innings.

Still, this series leaves me with a lot of nagging questions.

Zumaya looked good, REALLY good. But our 3-4-5 cant hit for $hit right now. Sure Pk had a 2 homer night on tuesday, but other than that, they've been brutal of late

TO tell you guys the Truth, I was more DEPRESSED after last nites brutal loss.

We shouldve won that game, because todays game .............Day game after nite, Ozzie B Lineup, Kenny Rogers dominant against us, Were playing very poorly were all too many Variables to overcome.

We needed a Sweep for a number of reasons, among them

1. Stop the Tiger Momentum (hahaha, I said momentum)

2. Deflate Tiger Confidence

3. Get us back to 1.5 games back

Instead, now were 5.5 back .............. and sliding. All we've done is Let the Yankees and Twins get more confidence now ..............

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
We should have done more against Rogers. Man on 2nd, none out, that hurt.

But I will say, Zumaya was just flippin awesome. Just effin awesome. F'n awesome, I tell you. Even his breaking pitches were sick, and he (smartly) pitched well around the guy most likely to hurt him. I honestly can't imagine any lineup in baseball hitting him in those 2 innings.

Crazy thing about Zumaya is...when Detroit drafted him (in the 11th round) a few years back, his fastball topped out at 89. The EPITOME of a diamond in the rough.