Detroit Tigers World Series Thread

Heads22

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pudge please go do some more steroids. Are the Tigers still claiming to be a real team? No real team wins from behind at will. The question is how many Tiger fans had to sell their souls for this season to happen?

Edited by danman31

I think the Carmona for closer campaign is over.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
Tigers win. Are you fishing kidding me...

Pudge is the most annoying player in the league, no player showboats/celebrates like he does.

What doyou expect him to do when he hits a two run walk off homer?

Pudge runs all the way around the bases with his hands in the air yelling...wtf? Pods wasn't even like that when he hit a walk-off in the World Series.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
What doyou expect him to do when he hits a two run walk off homer?

How many players run the bases with their hands up the entire time, from the moment the ball is hit?

EDIT: And this opinion was formed well before tonight.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
How many players run the bases with their hands up the entire time, from the moment the ball is hit?

Jose Valentin did it against the Cubs when he walked off. Not sure if it was the entire time but I know it was for quite a while.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
Jose Valentin did it against the Cubs when he walked off. Not sure if it was the entire time but I know it was for quite a while.

Yes, he held his hands in the air. He was not running around the whole time screaming and waving his arms.

His celebration tonight was over the top, similar to when he has a damn orgasm after beating a ball at 1st late in a game.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
I'd feel waaaaay better if Wickman was still there for Cleveland. Their "closer"/"closer by commitee" is/are horrible right now.

Being right does suck sometimes too.. ;)

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
Yes, he held his hands in the air. He was not running around the whole time screaming and waving his arms.

His celebration tonight was over the top, similar to when he has a damn orgasm after beating a ball at 1st late in a game.

That's how he is. Did you remember the playoff game when he blocked the plate for the win (he was a Marlin) and him screaming his ass off "I got the fishing ball!!!"

Don't hate Willie. Complaining on how a guy celebrates hitting a HR, winning the game for his team shouldn't cause a hater-rade from you.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
Don't hate Willie. Complaining on how a guy celebrates hitting a HR, winning the game for his team shouldn't cause a hater-rade from you.

All I said was his celebrations are over the top and make him look like a jackass. I'm not the one who turned it into a discussion.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
Pudge is the most annoying player in the league, no player showboats/celebrates like he does.

Every player is different. Not a huge thing.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
Pudge please go do some more steroids. Are the Tigers still claiming to be a real team? No real team wins from behind at will. The question is how many Tiger fans had to sell their souls for this season to happen?

The steroid thing is old. Yes, he took them. Much like many other players in the league. The Tigers don't win from behind at will. There have been plenty of times they haven't. They just have had late clutch hitting lately.

To turn this in a different direction, am I the only one who feels sorry for Carmona? Poor kid.

QUOTE(loltrain @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
Yes, the Tigers get every break in every game we play, really we're a sub .500 team, and I suspect the Sox will pass us in the standings within the week.

Ya gotta admit, the last week or so it seems like teams are trying to screw the Sox in the 9th inning against opponents duking it out with the Sox.

Well, by teams, I mainly mean Cleveland.

Well if the Tigers ONLY go .500 the rest of the year, they finish 100-62. So unless you plan on seeing the Tigers play several games under the rest of the way, and us winning 95 games, please join those of us whom are only zeroed in on the wild card. It's just a special year for Detroit.